Rep. Adam Kinzinger shares threatening voicemails: "We're going to get you"

Originally published at: Rep. Adam Kinzinger shares threatening voicemails: "We're going to get you" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Something to keep in mind the next time some Bothsidesist here tells us that these violent fascists deserve a platform so we can understand where they’re coming from.

46 Likes

But a trans person made fun of JK Rowling on twitter, so clearly “both sides” are equal. /s

36 Likes

So much misogyny and anti-Christianity.

Lucha Libre Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

27 Likes

All those men use “cocksucker” like it’s a bad thing to suck cocks. I guess they don’t want their cocks sucked. We should let their wives and girlfriends know how they feel about people who suck cocks.
:roll_eyes:

45 Likes

Things Slide into extra ironic territory when the person asking liberals and progressives not to be so intolerant toward MAGAts does so by preaching the benefits of Nonviolent Communication and Nondualism.

That choice of term struck me too.

26 Likes

ETA: It should be noted that despite a third of the harassers were self-identified Republicans, nearly a quarter of them were self-identified Democrats.

21 Likes

I’m not so sure, seems pretty “on-brand” for the type of “Christianity” practiced by the GOP base.

They are very vocal about making sodomy illegal again, maybe they are just living out their convictions, or maybe they’re just violent bigoted fascist assholes. :woman_shrugging:

22 Likes

My money’s one that second one. In fact…

I Bet GIF

17 Likes

They usually define “sodomy” as “whichever kinds of sex stuff they aren’t personally into.”

23 Likes

dan james guitar GIF by Much

17 Likes

Should be pointing at bagpipes and not a guitar.

3 Likes

It certainly isn’t authentic, but to the potential doom to us all, these “Christians” are taking control.

21 Likes

none of those callers sound like their IQs approach room temperature.

8 Likes

Deplorable and proud.

Instead of just bowing out he should run as a third party candidate just to screw the Trumpers over on his way out.

10 Likes

Four years of an arrogant jerk off as president and is anyone surprised that this is how the public is behaving? No. No surprises at all, other than the very limited cursing vocabulary they seem to have. These folks need to get FAR more creative with their insults. But I point once more back to the grifting anal wart formerly known as President Donnie Dingleberry and am not surprised this is the best they can do.

15 Likes

First, how far can you reliably trust anyone who deliberately self-identifies while making a death threat? Both parties want to use this situation as a PR battle, and I’m not putting it beyond fanatics on the far end of either spectrum to try to make their candidates of choice appear to be victimized.

Second, their tallies for these ratios go back beyond the Brett Kavanaugh nomination. I wonder if the ratio has evolved since Jan 6th.

Third, the reporters actually explain that 500 of these threats originated from one man in Florida threatening a single Republican over his support for Trump’s border policies. So were the ratios derived from the list of threat events or from the number of identifiable perpetrators?

This report needs more specific data before a reader can honestly accept that the blame falls on both sides.

4 Likes

…admitting they do."

10 Likes

Depends on how often such threats are made good. For right wingers, that’s pretty fucking often. There is no far left in this country to speak of. Right now we have neo-nazi terrorists, enablers and everyone else (people likely to be on the receiving end of the first group).

13 Likes

I don’t get what you’re trying to say. Do you think it’s “both sides” or not?

7 Likes