Rep. Dean Phillips delivers sick burn to Marjorie Taylor Greene

Originally published at: Rep. Dean Phillips delivers sick burn to Marjorie Taylor Greene | Boing Boing

22 Likes

marge bites

67 Likes

My commendation to Rep. Phillips, but he will never burn MTG as effectively as she does herself.

20 Likes

The saddest part is that simply speaking a reasonable and obvious truth is seen as “a sick burn.”

39 Likes

Do you want zombies? Cuz’ that’s how zombies start. :grinning:

8 Likes

GQP still kicked Omar off the committee.

10 Likes

I Guess In The Middle GIF by Nick Drake

1 Like

wow, that was great.

is it me, or is BB is turning into a Directory of Marjorie Taylor Greene Things?

5 Likes

The most frustrating thing about that is while her criticism of Israel and the powerful pro-Israel lobby groups in the US bared superficial resemblance to anti-semitism, and she clumsily ran into a couple of classic anti-semitic tropes - the substance of her criticism was and is fair and valid.
Israel does have a questionable at best human rights record in their treatment of Palestinians and in the Gaza Strip, there is an influential pro-Isreal lobby pouring money into American politics and it does make openly criticising Israel more fraught, and contributes to the American government being more lenient on Israel than it is on other countries doing similar things.

But on the other hand, even just sticking to Paul Gosar, there’s all of this -

Tweets about “deporting” 6 million “illegal aliens” a year, a totally random number and not-at-all a dog whistle I’m sure /s

etcetera, et-fucking-cetera

28 Likes

It’s very dangerous to amplify the voices of people who rely on voters for power.

4 Likes

MTG: You’re anti-semitic!

Also MTG: Rothschilds!

11 Likes

She perfectly represents not only the repugnant right wing, she the posterchild for way too many fellow citizens. Most commonly seen and/or heard with her mouth wide open spewing nonsense and hate because she loves that stuff and wants the world to be like her sick dreams. Sadly she is an excellent representative of far to many uneducated and uncaring people in this country. And like her deity trump she enjoys hearing the noise that falls out of her face regardless of any connection to the truth/reality

11 Likes

One of the most remarkable branding exercises of the past several decades has been the State of Israel’s successful campaign to conflate Israel the nation-state with Judaism the religion. It was a brilliant concept: any criticism of any kind of the actions of Israel and its government is by definition anti-Semitism. It’s why America’s Christo-fascists are obsessed with making the US a “Christian nation.” All your country’s secular evils–occupation, invasion, assassination, genocide, rights abuses, you name it–are protected by a wall of righteousness. Critique any one of them and the nationalists immediately dismiss the complaint and whine loudly that they’re being persecuted for their religion.

Iran has been working for the same end, though with less success so far. Modi seems to be pursuing a similar track in India. It has very little to do with religion and everything to do with flavor-of-the-month fascism.

24 Likes

well said. i have no words.
had to read this out loud to the mum, as we were just discussing how stupidly shitty and spiteful the vote to keep congresswoman Omar from the FI Committee was.
that you bring in the larger movement of fascist-leaning religio-nationalism nails it. the u.s. may be what we are focused on, but this same thing is happening under the names and guises of other governments and religious extremists that are looking more and more nationalistic right now.

14 Likes

I noticed this as well; low hanging fruit.

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

MTG and her followers need Israel so that all Jewish people can go there and convert to Xtianity, so the end times can begin.

Anyone with a half decent awareness of history will know that none of that will be voluntary.

15 Likes

frogapplauseappreciationsociety

Marjie “No Lights On” Greene

11 Likes

Or vice-versa.

1 Like

Yeah, this read more like genuine heartfelt outrage to me than a burn

8 Likes