Rep. Jamie Raskin schools Rep. Lauren Boebert again: Democrat vs. Democratic 101

Also, it’s good to remember that the same stupidity reigned in Congress during the period leading up to
Emancipation. Anything to obstruct justice and progress. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

Um…

7 Likes

I mean, she cut off Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, which is dumb. But she also cut off the Upper Penninsula of Michigan.

nathan fillion castle GIF

19 Likes

Which is why she supports biden’s infrastructure spending so wholeheartedly of course! Right?

15 Likes

Why would they need a border wall?

6 Likes

Republicans routinely call the Democratic party “the Democrat Party” for some reason. They have been doing it as far back as the 50s. You May Have Heard Republicans Use The Term 'Democrat Party' | Here & Now
Why Republicans say “Democrat Party”: The history of an insult.
It is basically the equivalent of calling someone “Billy” on purpose when they want to be called Bill. It just pisses them off.

5 Likes

:cry:

5 Likes

Well, it’s just an effort to piss off Dems, by being disrespectful. If it does piss them off, it’s hard to tell, so rarely do they clap back about it. At least we’re hearing here about one Dem who finally has.

10 Likes

FU Sarah and Tulsi!

She does know that you can edit Midjourney outputs, right?

3 Likes

I agree, it is disappointing. It’s performance above substance, and it is never going to help.

“That is what Barack and I think about every day as we try to guide and protect our girls through the challenges of this unusual life in the spotlight,” Michelle said at the time. “How we urge them to ignore those who question their father’s citizenship or faith. How we insist that the hateful language that they hear from public figures on TV does not represent the true spirit of this country. How we explain that when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level.”

"Going high’ doesn’t mean you don’t feel the hurt, or you’re not entitled to an emotion. It means that your response has to reflect the solution. It shouldn’t come from a place of anger or vengefulness. Barack and I had to figure that out. Anger may feel good in the moment, but it’s not going to move the ball forward.”

3 Likes

[Citation needed]

6 Likes

If you mean to say it’s normal for members of congress to regularly intentionally use the wrong name to refer to the opposition party then no, it’s not normal and it’s not the level of decorum we should expect from our elected representatives at the highest levels of government.

Can you point to a recent example of Republicans schooling the Democrats?

Maybe try pissing downwind next time?

10 Likes

A very good case made for going after LB’s absurdities… as well as MTG’s here:

7 Likes

Thank you, @hecep. That does put it into better perspective. I think my original opinion was misconstrued by others and it could be because I didn’t word it more clearly. I basically meant that it’s tiring to have such unintelligent/divisive folks in the house and that energy has to be spent calling them out and correcting them. Their diatribes and conspiracies do nothing more than waste time. Then again, as @DukeTrout pointed out, it’s better than them (the GOP) actually being productive (in their own twisted way) and getting things done that could actually be a detriment to the country. Again, my original comment was me stating the obvious that I’m tired we have to deal with that sort of situation in the first place.

You missed my point. It was said that “for some reason, people only seem to call this out when it’s the Democrats who are pointing out how the GOP are being assholes”. My point was how could it be otherwise? There’s never an article on here that shows the opposite. I didn’t mean that as in I would like to see articles of “GOP owning the LIBS”. You’re right, it doesn’t happen. I was merely defending my point of being able to share frustration without being labeled as a GOP sympathizer. See where I’m coming from now?

Republicans for decades now have intentionally use words like “democrat party” as a slur of sorts knowing damn well it’s is incorrect. I’m sure Raskin knows this too, but it’s nice to see him calling it out.

4 Likes

Than rather than attacking us for challenging your point, you could clarify your point.

Just FYI, your OP came off as targeting Raskins, not the far right congress people, as if “both sides” are bad. MANY of us are way beyond having patience for both siderism, given that the GOP is currently on a GENOCIDAL TEAR against the trans community, among other things.

It was not that obvious, and again, if LOTS of us misinterpreted your point, maybe clarify rather than blaming us.

7 Likes

I’m not your enemy. I’m sorry that my original post wasn’t clear.

Pssst:

7 Likes

They are saying it as a childish insult, Bush Jr. was doing it 20 years ago.

2 Likes