Rep Katie Porter: an Elizabeth Warren protege and single mom who destroys bumbling, mediocre rich guys in Congressional hearings

I suspect, with no data to back it up, that the depth of her knowledge and her ability to use that knowledge on the fly is actually pretty rare. Her combination of intense personal beliefs and ethics with her incredible fund of knowledge makes her a uniquely effective congressional assassin. I love watching her work!

10 Likes

Finally somebody who can do basic human questioning intelligently in Congress

If I had a dollar for every question by someone stupid in Congress that was not intelligently asked or answered, forget billionaire Id be a trillionare.

Tear these ignorant bastards apart at the seams lady, I wish there were more like her

8 Likes

It’s called “education.” The GOP has shown open disdain for higher education for a couple of generations now, at least. The reason we so often see Porter, Warren, AOC, and a few others just embarrass these people is that they are all highly educated and actually know what they’re talking about. I hope someday this is the norm rather than an outlier.

14 Likes

Thanks for letting us know more about her, i didn’t know who she was but definitely going to keep an eye out for her. Glad to know there’s some awesome women out there putting these fools to shame on their bullshit.

5 Likes

Cory said that her YT channel is pure gold. I had to check it out! And it is, it’s what I want the investigated arm of the US government to be like: informed, questioning, energetic.

She does get to be sounding a bit like a teacher, asking her interviewees to do math problems, but hey, I’m ok with that. The CFPB head should be able to do the math basics around APR. (What was gold was when Ms Porter asked the head to do the math and offered to give her a calculator. When the camera turned back to the head, who started talking, someone slid a calculator under her nose. Now THAT was gold!)

Some of her videos do a lot of 'splaining, too, like how bills move through the House of Representatives. I’m ok with that, I appreciate being taught stuff, like I appreciate her level of educatedness (is that a word?).

9 Likes

You should have seen all the ads during her campaign. The repugs were out for blood and tried every play in the book of tricks to paint her in the ugliest light. Luckily it didn’t work.

7 Likes

Easy: if they’re doing something blatantly stupid or evil - Republican. Less stupid or actually productive or progressive - independent or Democrat Representative.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, lack of education is why so many people are attracted to the Republican Party. They don’t hand out actual facts to their followers, they hand out whatever bullshit their base wants to hear in that exact moment. Their “facts” can literally change from sentence to sentence. So uneducated people won’t bother to follow logic on their own, they simply accept whatever is handed to them by whoever panders to them. It’s easier to not think. And if the candidate says something racist that’s even better because “those people” make them feel afraid.

(For a real scare this season, just remember: 50% of the population has below average intelligence, and can easily fall for this shit.)

Because she’s brilliant, they know Porter can’t be beaten in an actual debate. She is best dealt with by being ignored, dismissed, mocked, and belittled - but never engaged, lest her opponent comes out looking like the ignorant fool they are. [EDIT - watch the video of her shredding Zuckerberg yesterday for evidence of what happens when a lying genius tries to bullshit her.] So reasoned debates are now a thing of the past, which is even a bigger loss for democracy.

9 Likes

9 Likes

I don’t live in her district, but she is getting a contribution from me. Consumer advocates who know their stuff get my support any day of the week.

9 Likes

went to see if the nigel would make a vote but anne probably took the crown for the leading arguments

2 Likes

‘and I’ll be happy to send you a copy of the textbook - that I wrote…’

OH WOW!

4 Likes

She is brilliant. The bumbling, mediocre guys do not feel destroyed though…look at their smug smiles and condescending looks. They’ll joke around in the bathroom about how feisty she is and how she just need a good lay. They’ll all have a good laugh, send her Oreo cookies and keep on keeping on.

2 Likes

We definitely need more representatives like her elected into office. Please keep up the good fight Katie Porter.

4 Likes

Careful…the republican party did that in 2016 and they won…

4 Likes

Just went through her youtube videos.

When I was young I loved school, but there is no way I loved it as much as watching her school ignorant people. Damn.

I mean really. Damn. I think my laptop got hot because there was so much burn going on. I have a feeling (hope) we’ll be seeing much more of her in the coming years.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s how I felt when I watched her vids on her YT channel the other day. What’s important to remember too (IMO) is that she’s from Orange County, a traditionally conservative enclave of SoCal. Gives me hope for the future.

5 Likes

Yeah, the equivalent of putting that flaming sack on your own doorstep, ringing the doorbell, running inside to answer the door, then discover the sack. Of course, you stomp on it and get flaming dogsh!t on your foot. That’s kinda what happened, yep.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.