Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green's Q-Anon caucus fizzles when exposed to light

And what about Picts?

9 Likes

They owed a lot of money, so one night they changed their name to Scots and denied all knowledge of the Picts.

“New people, who dis?”

13 Likes

These jokers really don’t have trump’s finesse for not saying the bad thing out loud.

5 Likes

???
is this a joke I’m not getting?
When did trump ever refrain from saying the bad things out loud? Thats kind of his whole thing

ETA: TIL the bbs won’t let you type more than 3 question marks in a row

7 Likes

They brought property and inheritance laws WHICH STILL EXIST TO THIS DAY.

To quote a professor I had, “They called him William the Bastard for a very good reason.”

9 Likes

Nope.

I’m betting that a lot of them do see themselves as Nazis. Most of them just realize how bad the optics are on that, so they wink wink when they say they’re against neo-nazis and white supremacist groups, while saying that there “are mighty fine people on both sides” etc… out of the other side of their mouths.

Also, “Startlingly racist and awful”? I, personally, would have gone with “completely expected and unsurprising”…

14 Likes

Yeah, did it actually happen or not?

19 Likes

One might even say they were ordinary.

11 Likes

Too groovy.

21 Likes

24 Likes

He never conquered us!

This is a political broadcast from the Strathclyde Liberation Party, Carlisle branch

15 Likes

Goldhagen’s probably not the best way of presenting that argument, given his proclivity for just making up sources when it was too much trouble to find evidence.

3 Likes

The last Anglo Saxon king got an arrow in the eye and the rest of them were forced to speak French by civilized Vikings. They lost their crown and never got it back.

7 Likes

I think that’s the joke? Because Green and Gaetz and the other a-holes do manage to be even worse about it than Trump - but largely because they’re committed fascists (Trump stumbled into it) and have all the racist language down, whereas Trump didn’t, his racism had some specific targets, but he could only talk about it at a grade-school insult level.

7 Likes

so it was really about a disagreement over which type of fiber to make rugs out of? Gosh, here I thought the Republicans were just racist shits who are white power sympathizers… and it was all about burlap.

3 Likes

You know we’re getting somewhere when the CNN anchor just off-hand gives a sigh of relief of there “not being a Klan Kaucus”. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

But Corky said that, although he didn’t know what people did at the bottom of the jute business, he felt sure it was something too horrible for words. He believed in his future as an artist, and wanted to make a career of Art.

– PG Wodehouse “The Artistic Career of Corky”.

6 Likes

I mean, it doesn’t, though. They’d have to be total idiots to think Anglo-Saxon included these ethnicities…oh…oh, I see…

9 Likes

It’s called Early Medieval England now. The idea of the Anglo-Saxon is obsolete, as it’s too closely tied to 18th and 19th century romanticism and other, more pernicious ideologies.

4 Likes

Eh, that’s still a minority position, mostly from US scholars. It’s a debate, not a foregone conclusion in the field.

3 Likes