Report claims CHP colluded with Nazis who organized bloody rally of racists in Sacramento

I hate Nazis and I think that their discourse is hate speech and shouldn’t be tolerated. We probably disagree on what is the best way to confront them. It seems to me that actions like those of Felarca and her companions are counterproductive, and that she is not being truthful in her description of the event. She is giving the Nazis free publicity and allowing them to be portraiyed as victims. The end does not always justify the means, and two wrongs don’t make a right.

Perhaps she understands that tolerance of the intolerant will lead to an intolerant society and that the only logical and rational response is to not tolerate the intolerant. We’ve known this to be true for decades now but for some reason the simple truth that a tolerant society cannot tolerate the intolerant has been largely ignored and forgotten.

5 Likes

…are the same that burn crosses.

Nazis literally advocate genocide. There is no such thing as a peaceful Nazi movement.

I see, it’s only the fascists who are allowed to bring weapons to demonstrations. It would be ridiculous to expect them not to, really.

6 Likes

I hold a lot of views which the majority of society would consider to not be “valid or worthwhile”, and I’m pretty happy that the First Amendment protects my right to express those views. Hell, I support The Satanic Temple, and you could probably find an even broader consensus that Satanists have nothing valid or worthwhile than Nazis.

BAMN managed to MAKE NAZIS LOOK GOOD that day. Do you have any idea how hard that is? On that day, the NAZIS were the calm ones trying to peacefully express their (reprehensible) ideas.

Hold a counterprotest with hundreds of people, make their 30-person group look as small and pathetic as they really are, that’s great. Why start a riot instead? It’s fucking stupid. You’re doing their PR work for them. BAMN did the Nazis a huge favor by acting the way they did.

1 Like

Peacefully advocating genocide is a contradiction of terms. Any “peaceful” advocacy for genocide is simply a call to violence.

By the way, trying to compare the Satanic Temple with nazis is like trying to compare the SPLC with nazis.

6 Likes

That consensus would be wrong. The Satanic Temple has a lot of fun at the expense of organized religion but they don’t actually hurt anybody, let alone advocate genocide.

You must have been looking at it from a different angle or something. I saw a bunch of pathetic bigots who showed up to spread a message of hate and violence.

Even Felarca’s angry confrontation wasn’t exactly a life-threatening attack. That guy had to outweigh her by what, 80 pounds or more?

5 Likes

In the other thread you put up a sign saying that the only good fascist is a dead one, while other people stated that between on quarter and one third of Americans are Nazis or Fascists. That’s about one hundred million people that, if you put the two together, would need to be taken care of. Really?

The Nazi movement is not peaceful. That doesn’t mean that Nazis cannot hold a peaceful rally. By which I mean, no one is getting assaulted, and no one needs to go to the hospital afterwards.

They were there to promote their party, and to register people to vote for Trump. As with countless Republican rallies, which also promote despicable ideas which will lead to violence against minorities, but which no one is suggesting that we should go and beat up.

Yes, if a large group of people have announced their intention to attack you, it would be ridiculous to not expect you to show up armed, for use in self-defense. Counterprotestors might also reasonably arm themselves for use in self-defense, in case violence breaks out, but that wasn’t what BAMN was doing. They were bringing weapons to start the violence.

No shit. But if we’re going based on who has something “valid or worthwhile” to say, who’s making that decision?

You want to talk about nonviolent protest? Let’s talk about the civil rights protesters in Birmingham. They marched unarmed in the full knowledge that they would be targeted by armed opposition attacking them with police dogs, fire hoses and police batons.

I think we made a pretty conclusive collective decision on the worth of Nazism back in 1945.

7 Likes

Well, we had a war over it before. Turns out the guys who say that all the Jews, gay people, black people, gypsies and mentally and physically disabled should be eradicated were in the wrong. Trying to dredge it up again kind of points out we haven’t been hard enough on them.

I think it’s a good thing to be afraid to be a fascist. For much the same reason that murderers should be afraid of being caught.

3 Likes

Damn straight. Nobody seems worried that NAMBLA members are afraid to march in public, so why all the concern for the poor oppressed Nazis?

4 Likes

Terrible people on both sides.

Don’t forget the Catholics and Freemasons

Your words, not mine. Again, I hate Nazis, I hate political assassinations, and I hate extermination camps. I am weird that way.

Like this peaceful rally?

2 Likes

And let’s not forget this was from the Children’s March. Those are children being attacked with fire hoses and dogs by grown men. Children.

4 Likes

That there is what’s called a “false equivalency.”

At worst a small woman pummeling a Nazi protester twice her size is unproductive. It’s hardly on par with organized groups of bigots calling for genocide.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.