Report: U.S. said to be planning “proportional response” to Sony Hack, to be blamed on North Korea

Better yet, stay home and watch Idiocracy.

1 Like

One day ahead of an expected announcement by U.S. officials that North
Korea is responsible for the devastating hack on Sony Pictures

Hasn’t this announcement been promised for several weeks now, since the day after the security breach?

In the ideal world, someone would have re-cut “Ender’s Game” by now, so that it becomes the story of a band of NK hot-housed 733T hackers penetrating the black ice of Sony’s cyber-security while believing it to be just another training exercise. If nothing else, this would emphasise the seriousness of the NK menace.

2 Likes

If we go to war with North Korea over a Sony picture… that’s it. I’m leaving the country. Don’t know where I will go, but I’m serious.

1 Like

The last time the U.S. got involved in cyber warfare (that we know of) resulted in the Stuxnet virus that is now loose in the wild infecting industrial process logic controllers indiscriminately.

The answer to war is not more war and the answer to hacking is not more hacking.

2 Likes

There isn’t anywhere to go. Its all North Korea now. Listen to the soothing words of Dear Leader and obey. It’ll all be better now.

1 Like

…and this is how WWIII started kids.
** Points to Seth Rogen and James Franco on Encyclopaedia Britannica. Hardcover.

2 Likes

Beware North Korea. The US has invaded Iraq and Afghanistan for much less than that. Never mess with Christmas premieres.

Listen up Enkay, Isis did it, now get to work.

Ah yes, Pulgasari. You wouldn’t think a bad low budget rubber suit monster movie could be boring — usually they’re at least bad enough to be hilarious — but you’d be wrong.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s something against that sort of thing in the Geneva Convention…

3 Likes

I’m sure the U.S. proportional response will consist mostly of a bunch of old white dudes spending five minutes trying to understand how the internet works, getting a headache, deciding what they really need is a drink, and an intern to bang.

Somehow this will get turned into why we need moar DRM.

6 Likes

Clearly the proportional response would be to get North Korea to cancel the much-awaited remake of The Flower Girl

Yeah, lets crash their giant internet system and cancel all their big budget movies coming out at Christmas, and stop the export of North Korean cars and… and…

Wait, what the fuck are we going to do to them?

Watch it? I’m living it!

1 Like

Now that the administration/national security folks have decreed that NK did it, I’m actually MORE skeptical.
Wouldn’t this be a very Putin-like thing to do? Set us up for a war with NK based on a false info? And Russian hackers seem far more likely to have the chops for something like this. Virtually every line of code in Russia is a virus.

1 Like

Yeah, Seth. Thanks, bring about WWIII with your movie.

500 years from now mutants in skin suits will make a time machine to go back in time to KILL YOU before you destroy the world.

Actually, this could be a way to salvage footage and incorporate it into a new movie.

/I work for free.

1 Like

+1 paranoid.

1 Like

Meh.
What time does ‘Ow my Balls’ come on?

2 Likes

Or WORSE, American broadcast television programming.

7 Likes

North Korea has a budding black market in pirate DVDs. CIA should buy out the distribution rights from Sony, subtitle it in Korean and shuttle it across the border on thousands of DVD-Rs, and arrange free screenings in China’s bordering towns of Dandong and Ji’an, make Kim Jung-Un a laughing stock in his own country.

3 Likes