Republican Congressman threatens to kill reporter after State of the Union

[Permalink]

2 Likes

A corrupt, violent, psychopath?

Which political party was that again?

23 Likes

oh NY1… i love that you guys have to report the news with potatoes for cameras and homeless for interviewers…

seriously though, NY1 really is awesome.

2 Likes

I love his statement . . . like it was the reporter’s fault he threatened to ‘break him in half’

That man has no business being in a role where he influences other lives until he can demonstrate that his first reaction is to behave like a civilized adult rather than being an asshat to people.

20 Likes

He is not only a Republithug but, according to the article, a “Tea-Party darling”. Sweet.

11 Likes

I couldn’t hear anything he said from that video.

The reporter looks like he needs to lay off the hookers and blow.

6 Likes

“I’ll break you in half. Like a boy.”
It is not entirely reassuring to know that the Congressman uses “boys” in his simile for “things I can break in half”.

37 Likes

See, now you’re just piling on :wink:

2 Likes

All the threats and PX90 in the world won’t stop you from looking like James Spader had a love-child with Lenny Bruce’s corpse.

3 Likes

Hey, if he managed to call a white reporter ‘boy’ rather than a black one, during his death-threat tirade, I think that puts him ahead of the curve…

13 Likes

Yeah, OK. OK. But apart from that, he’s a decent, stand-up kinda guy. His mother loves him.

Maybe.

7 Likes

In Grimm’s view, he’s the aggrieved party here:

In a statement, Grimm said, “I was extremely annoyed because I was doing NY1 a favor by rushing to do their interview first in lieu of several other requests. The reporter knew that I was in a hurry and was only there to comment on the State of the Union, but insisted on taking a disrespectful and cheap shot at the end of the interview, because I did not have time to speak off-topic. I verbally took the reporter to task and told him off, because I expect a certain level of professionalism and respect, especially when I go out of my way to do that reporter a favor. I doubt that I am the first Member of Congress to tell off a reporter, and I am sure I won’t be the last.”

I’m mystified why the GOP continues to tolerate (and sometimes even encourage) assholes like this.

17 Likes

wow, he is really a tough guy. Much Fear

3 Likes

I can’t tell what he’s saying either. Where does this transcript come from?

And I don’t know why the hell the camera operator couldn’t zoom out, or move, or anything, to make the confrontation more visible. What is this, amateur hour?

2 Likes

In a statement, Grimm said, “[…] I verbally took the reporter to task and told him off, because I expect a certain level of professionalism and respect,”

Apparently “professionalism” is death threats, and “respect” equates to comments of “you’re not man enough” and referring to others as “boy”.

Newspeak at its finest.

22 Likes

That motherfucker needs to go to jail, NOW. It’s treasonous to threaten the fourth estate like that in our country. If Michael Grimm (I will not honor him by calling him a Congressman) isn’t jailed and removed from office then New Yorkers need to hang their heads low in pathetic shame. Actually, all Americans will be shamed. This isn’t just unacceptable, it’s unconstitutional, criminal and truly anti-American thuggery.

We can’t let this piece of shit set a horrible precedent where this clear attack in public on a journalist is allowed or we WILL spiral into a banana republic faster than you can say “death of the adversarial fourth estate”.

I will do everything in my power to help remove this fucker from office until the day I die. He needs to go, now.

25 Likes

Doesn’t that whining about ‘respect’ sound eerily like the mixure of vaguely official langauge and status-conscious gang membership that cops are notorious for cultivating? The right wing adores that…

11 Likes

although I can understand that congressmen are still people and have feelings, it is this type of assttitude that has brought us in the shit we are currently in. BOY!

4 Likes

It’s bad enough when the right wing equates disagreement with their policies with “treason”. You don’t need to further compound the error by equating it with assault on a reporter.

4 Likes

Threatening to throw someone over a balcony is not a comment on policy; it’s just a threat of physical violence.

16 Likes