Republican group puts up 100 billboards in Texas telling Cruz to resign. Cruz responds

Originally published at: Republican group puts up 100 billboards in Texas telling Cruz to resign. Cruz responds | Boing Boing

11 Likes

"- and some grifters on the right - "

Come on, Teddy, know thyself. You’re one of the biggest grifters of all among a party of grifters. At least with Trump out, that’s one less grifter than you had before. Now run off and suck up some more big oil and NRA money before the well runs dry, you lying sack of weasel shit.

21 Likes

Sen. Cruz will continue to work for 29 million Texans in the Senate.

Wow. I thought Texas only had 2 senators like everyone else, no wonder things are screwed up.

8 Likes

images

25 Likes

I’m more concerned that the partisan lackey tends to work for only about 43% of those 29 million Texans. The rest of us can go to hell.

7 Likes

It’s weird how he claims that some on the right wing are partisan.

10 Likes

I miss the days when at least written statements from politicians sounded like things grown-ups would write.

8 Likes

because if you wrote something that sounded childish and immature it would actually hurt your re-election chances.

4 Likes

This sentence doesn’t make sense if you look at its content – it’s just “colorless ideas sleep furiously” – but the point is, you’re not meant to. He is operating on a preverbal level of hoots and grunts where the only two possible messages are “USA #1” or “enemy!!”. If you want to understand how things play to Cruz’s audience, you have to translate everything into exactly one or the other of those messages.

Heard that way, his chimp-shriek makes perfect sense, so amplifying it to try and mock him isn’t helpful. The people he’s reaching are immune to reason, and talk about what words mean will only anger them further. But by the same token, a billboard with his face next to the word “traitor” might help, because training people to unplug their critical faculties is a double-edged sword. Turmplings who see that billboard won’t consider the source, they’ll just see a billboard speaking their language and saying that, of the exactly two kinds of people in the world, Ted Cruz is Bad.

Still. The long-term solution isn’t to talk these people’s language, it’s to rid public discourse of anyone who operates this way.

6 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

5 Likes

It amazes me that anyone, regardless of party affiliation or traitor-friendliness, votes for this soup-swilling blobfish.

5 Likes

As if Chupacabra Wolverine would ever actually set foot there and see the billboards…

1 Like

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.