Republican rivals team up to stop Trump at all costs

I will simply state that I am christian, in that I believe in the ressurection/redemption. I also am a firm believer in 'reach out to the needy and community. However just because i am christian does not mean I am dismissive of Science.

For me God gave us brains and a universe with defined rules that are consistent enough to be reasoned out. We have a responsibility, I feel, to find out what these rules are and better ourselves through applying what we have learned.

I’m more in Carter’s ‘help the masses’ bend of Christianity than the popular ‘smite the faggots, transgendered ‘people’ are pedophiles, the recession was God punishing the nation’ and other stupidity.

I’m in favor of gay marrige, transgendered rights, and women being treated the same as men. None of this three quarter pay bullshit.

And i think our leaders don’t actually believe what they preach, they just want power and see relegion as an easy path to said power.

14 Likes

Would ‘abundant evidence’ also be used to disprove the Prophet, Buddha, or any other religious belief?

Once you start down the rabbit hole of saying that anyone with faith in something not provable by scientific evidence isn’t qualified for public office, it’s not a good road to travel, really.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s such an awful piece of shit; fearmongering, promoting intolerance and bullshit, and so very slimy. Suits Cruz nicely.

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear that there are proud believers who don’t put myth above the world we live in, thank you!

Again, you are free to argue against your men of straw.

I didn’t say belief in the unprovable is disqualifying, I said belief in the face of abundant contrary evidence.

Which part of Buddha’s teachings requires us to set aside what we’ve learned from science?

• edit

For the record, I’m a big fan of this Jesus Christ fellow. He said some brilliant things!

Too bad only a minority of Christians pay any attention to what’s been preserved of his teachings…

It takes a special kind of slimy talent to make Trump look like “the reasonable guy who supports basic civil rights.”

7 Likes

Doesn’t seem like teaming up has helped much tonight.

2 Likes

I think voters saw it for the last-minute moment of desperation that it was. The right time for the GOP to figure out how to nominate a non-repulsive candidate was at least eight months ago. Or maybe several decades ago depending on who you ask.

4 Likes

Its okay, the Dems have nominated one for them.

2 Likes

Lindsay Graham.
Sure, he’s bloodthirsty, amoral and corrupt, but he does have a certain dark charm.

Heavens to Betsy.

3 Likes

“semi-sentient, barely mobile trash heap of bigotry and ignorance” seems to have become the core requirement to become a candidate

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.