“Responsible Gun Ownership”

14 Likes

Looks like he might be regretting those swiss cheese comments now

6 Likes

Came here to post a similar article:

Interesting that in this instance an official is stating that the Stand Your Ground law does not mean you leave your home to go searching for someone to shoot. There have been quite a few incidents in Florida over the past decade in which the shooter was white and the innocent victim was Black and despite the same actions of seeking out and killing someone in public the Stand Your Ground law was found to be the accepted excuse.

What could possibly be the difference this time?

think alison rich GIF by HULU

(The shooter’s name and photo suggest Italian or perhaps Latino.)

11 Likes

Isn’t that the same one who was like, “grate them like cheese?” from above?

2 Likes

… so whether they’re “white” or not depends on who they shoot :thinking:

9 Likes

Which is why my post was linked to that one and started with:

4 Likes
12 Likes

Eric S. Hummel, 38, admitted in a plea agreement he was in a bedroom with his two sons at his Hobart home June 10, 2017, when he pointed an unloaded handgun at the boys and pulled the trigger.
When 9-year-old Olivia Hummel joined her siblings and father in the bedroom, Hummel pointed the now-loaded gun at her and pulled the trigger. Olivia died from a gunshot wound to her head.

Holy fucking shit…
While talking about gun safety
I cannot wrap my head around this level of stupidity…

13 Likes

And despite the fact that the grandparents have been taking care of the surviving siblings since that shooting, one of the main arguments in keeping him out of prison was that he needed to be there for his children. You know, the ones he only pretended to shoot.

Women are not afforded this defense.

16 Likes

Where is Rust Cohle when we need him?

True Detective Smoking GIF

8 Likes

He lost a basketball game to a young woman, so of course the responsible answer is to go home, get a gun, and shoot her down on the street afterward.

11 Likes

Good candidate for the Toxic Masculinity thread, too. Literally lethal.
Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

12 Likes

I’ll go look for that one, thanks.

6 Likes

Just read that link.
Bloody hell.

2 Likes

see also “responsible driving” and “responsible parenting”

5 Likes
13 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes