“Responsible Gun Ownership”

When the challenged regulation addresses a “general societal problem
that has persisted since the 18th century, the lack of a distinctly similar
historical regulation addressing that problem is relevant evidence that the
challenged regulation is inconsistent with the Second Amendment.” Moreover, “if earlier generations addressed the societal problem, but did so through materially different means, that also could be evidence that a modern regulation is unconstitutional.” Id.

IANAL, but this read as “Spousal abuse wasn’t considered a crime back then like it is now, and since they didn’t take away someone’s gun for beating the shit out of their wife, we cannot either.”

That about right?

14 Likes

Fine, he can keep his muskets then.

12 Likes

too on the nose, methinks.

7 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

Great line, after listing the crimes committed by the guy involved in the case:

That’s not a fact-pattern, that’s 15 minutes in GTA Online.

7 Likes

Well it’s was certainly a great idea the parents had to keep an poorly secured pistol in the same household with a child with extreme anger issues :grimacing:

11 Likes

WTF

Welcome
To
Florida

Ugh.
I have family there. Non-white family.
I probably should give them a call, just to let them know I’m thinking about them.
Yikes.

11 Likes

Attorney who was hit by His own gun after It was “glued” in a MRI machine dies after 26 days in Hospital.

11 Likes
15 Likes

From the article @KathyPartdeux posted upthread:

His family did what they could to help. In one incident, Derksen [Jones’ uncle] said Jones demanded his gun back, and Derksen called the police. I said, ‘Hey my nephew is schizophrenic. He’s demanding his firearm; I’m not giving it back to him.’ They came here, and by law, they were required to actually give him back his firearm.”

14 Likes

7 Likes

Responsible kids, you see.

12 Likes
7 Likes

MRI scanners are surrounded by “No metal past this point” signs. Maybe they look too close to the “No guns” signs that are put up in certain places?

8 Likes

Ghost guns on campus.

10 Likes

Is that a laser sight on that ghost gun? A bit fancy.

6 Likes

Reminder that the Florida gop wants to make it easier for monsters like this to get a gun

11 Likes
14 Likes

way to go, Oregon!
that’ll make some Bundys nervous (i hope).

11 Likes