“Responsible Gun Ownership”

3 Likes
6 Likes

“Miller told authorities that he accidentally pulled the trigger of the AR-15 rifle while it was pointed at his friend.

Police said that there were six people in the home when the incident occurred.

Miller surrendered to authorities and submitted his blood for testing, though the results are pending, police said.

He was charged with homicide by negligent handling of a dangerous weapon and homicide by intoxicated use of a firearm. “

The most basic safety rules ignored. And - who needs an assault rifle?

8 Likes

How did I not see this thread until now? Anyway, the tl;dr version is: two less assholes.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Not a mass shooting, just mass stupidity.

12 Likes

The old “I was half asleep and I mistook my partner for a burglar”.

6 Likes

Former Ohio Police Chief Sentenced For Illegally Trafficking 200 Fully Automatic Machine Guns

13 Likes

So he used his police credentials to get the ATF to allow sales of fully automatic weapons. And why in the hell are cops allowed to buy fully automatic weapons??

(Please, for once, let this not become a debate on “AksHuaLLy its not really automatic”)

12 Likes

And did he sell them to other cops? Militia members? We’re they all confiscated by the ATF?

10 Likes

“…the gun dealers resold the machine guns at a significant profit. In some instances, a gun dealer resold illegally acquired machine guns for five or six times the purchase price. The conspirators purchased or caused the importation of approximately 200 fully automatic machine guns. LaCourse received over $11,500 from the gun dealers for his role in the scheme.”

So the guns went to unnamed responsible gun owners who just wanted to complete their collections. Nothing to worry about. And the police chief got three years’ probation, so he’s learned his lesson and that should deter any other scamps.

12 Likes

7 Likes

vomit GIF

7 Likes
10 Likes

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples [1] under me.

15 Likes

Technically a pawn shop owns (or might own them soon if the previous owners can’t/won’t pay for them back) those guns, so it’s goes in this thread I guess.

The 14-year-old’s history involves the crime at Larry’s Pawn Shop off Cleveland Avenue, where he and another unidentified boy smashed the glass door but didn’t get inside. Afterward, the two went to a Wawa where he threatened the cashier with a hammer and stole e-cigarettes, according to the Cape Coral Police Department.

Larry’s Pawn Shop employee Jim said, “I just can’t believe they’d do something like that again they obviously didn’t learn their lesson, they learned that behavior from somewhere.”

In the most recent crime, the two boys are accused of planning and trying to pull off a bold crime, by busting into the Guns 4 Less store and stealing as many guns as they could carry, according to the Cape Coral police.

Cape Coral Police Department spokeswoman Master Sgt. Julie Green said, “They both smashed the display cases and began ransacking the entire business for a total of 22 guns, rifle and handgun magazines, and various calibers of ammunition.”

So a middle schooler and a elementary school student can easily steal that many guns, just imagine what an organized gang could steal out of a place like that next.

8 Likes

Sorry, just saw this one.

Investigators discovered the couple, both of whom were on probation for child neglect and narcotics charges and had felony convictions making it illegal for them to possess firearms, had left the gun “easily accessible” to their kids, Mina said.

“Their father is dead, their mother is in jail and a young child has to live their life knowing that he shot his father,” Mina said. “These tragedies are 100% preventable.”

I’m confused. If it’s illegal for them to possess firearms because they’re convicted felons, how did they get the gun? I mean, isn’t there a form with 13 questions that would have stopped felons from possessing a gun? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Well, it’s not like they were illegally copying music or something heinous like that.

7 Likes

Did not check if this was posted already or if this is the right topic. @moderators , feel free to move according to your opinion where this belongs. Thanks.

6 Likes

Was just about to post this…

dac60199c370ff7ef49aee74587a16d7650bb0ca_2_690x388

5 Likes