“Responsible Gun Ownership”

Already, a large percentage of the guns recovered after a shooting in Chicago (tough gun control laws) are traced back to Indiana (lax gun control laws).

But of course the ‘responsible gun owners’ in white exurbs blame it on the Black woman who is the current mayor of Chicago.

Here’s something that struck me, in reading this part of the article:

The only thing a license does is just infringes upon the rights and makes it more difficult for a law-abiding person to lawfully carry a handgun.

So, if being required to have an identification-type card infringes on one’s Constitutional rights when it comes to carrying around a gun, why isn’t it just as much of an infringement when it comes to voting?

Especially when you consider that a gun license is considered an acceptable form of identification in some states’ electoral process.

17 Likes

Many courts allow lawyers to get passes to bypass security. Of course its done under the idea that as officers of the court they are promising not to bring guns in.

4 Likes

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/06/14/lackland-air-force-base-on-lockdown-due-to-report-of-active-shooter-off-base/

Lackland Air Force Base on lockdown due to report of gunshots off-base

6 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes

period crying GIF

9 Likes

That poor child. No amount of therapy will make them whole again.

9 Likes

And this is why we have a hard line on guns in our home and playdates at the homes of people who do own guns

11 Likes

Manchester police said they arrested a man for leaving three young children unattended in a car with multiple deadly weapons inside.

Manchester police arrested Tyler Kennedy, 27, after speaking with witnesses who said he left a 9-year-old, a 1-year-old, and an 8-month-old baby unattended in his car with the windows up while he spent at least 20 minutes in the store.

The incident happened around 5:30 p.m. Monday evening.

During the investigation, police said they found a loaded gun and a knife inside a backpack in the vehicle within reach of the children.

11 Likes

What a candidate for year’s best dad!

2 Likes

I’m surprised he hasn’t been investigated for meth. That face doesn’t look too good.

5 Likes
11 Likes

Shit. That sucks. For anyone unaware, any bullet, but especially fired from a rifle, can travel an amazingly long distance before gravity pulls it down, and a huge part of hunter training is that you are responsible for that bullet and whatever it may do until it does so. (As an aside, I am of the opinion that your responsibility does not end there, and the subsequent lead poisonings are on you as well.) And for anyone who thinks that these are playthings and think that it is fun firing them at the horizon when you have no fucking clue where they may go or what they may strike, please, consider this a warning.

13 Likes

See Also: Bullets travel through walls.

10 Likes

“I would do anything to protect my five grandchildren, and that includes shooting them.”

14 Likes

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

10 Likes
11 Likes

“Of course that’s responsible! How else am I supposed to use my guns? That’s why I have them!”

4 Likes

That’s an unusual…practice.

5 Likes