“Responsible Gun Ownership”

3 Likes

A retired Brazilian army colonel is suspected of illegally storing explosives and ammunition in his home. Fire at his apartment almost caused tragedy in Campinas, São Paulo, as all the stuff exploded. 44 people were injured and the Colonel is on the loose.

6 Likes

That’s not how “work from home” is supposed to work…

7 Likes
5 Likes

Here’s an expert witness on the stand at the Rust trial casually pointing a gun at the judge.

So much for responsible.

5 Likes
5 Likes

The court found him responsible.

6 Likes

Ha! I like how she cut off his crossdraw gunsplaining, saying everyone from useless trivia.

“You keep saying gun sir, but that doesn’t look like an artillery field piece to me. Perhaps you mean pistol?”

4 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes

The mother told police she was trying to get her keys from her purse and accidentally caused her .40-caliber pistol to fire, striking her daughter, The Tennessean reported. She stored the handgun in her purse without a holster, police said.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article287049170.html

9 Likes

They republicans in my state area not happy.

Some examples of the gun confiscations since the law took effect in February.

LANSING — A Battle Creek man diagnosed with bipolar disorder, off medication and threatening his wife in a murder-suicide.

A 27-year-old voicing suicidal ideas in the midst of divorce proceedings, his wife concerned he’d actually follow through.

An elementary school student who had access to his parents’ guns and threatened to shoot a classmate.

12 Likes

Following Louisiana’s further reduction of its already terrible gun laws, Duplessis proposed that the state create an new office to look at how to reduce violence. That he dared suggest that gun violence might be a bad thing got the bill immediately shut down because acknowledging that will “weaponize the government” “attacking the second amendment.”

eta: That “weaponize the government” quote came from an NRA spokesperson, and I just wanted to highlight the hypocrisy of the NRA complaining about weaponizing things. I mean that is kind of their whole thing

12 Likes
7 Likes

OK, I’m not comfortable with people with guns coming to my house anyway. WTAF? (I have to say, the excuse that “he did not have bites on him” is not entirely reassuring that she is not in the wrong as well) Not sure there is a good guy here, but there is a dead puppy, which upsets me more than it probably should.

7 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

3-year-old. Philadelphia, but a different shooting. :sob:

11 Likes

A big part of the problem: when the neighboring states make it easy to get guns which are then used in a gun control city, making prosecution difficult because of state lines.

7 Likes
8 Likes