“Responsible Gun Ownership”

6 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t expect that this case sets much of a precedent. The parents purchased the gun used in the murders for their son and the parents did fuckall to secure the weapon in their home.

8 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes

As per the norm, they are “responsible” until they are not. Full disclosure, I am a gun owner. I do not feel any need to carry it with me, nor to keep it loaded and accessible. I think that is the line I draw. Also, I would put handguns in general on the other side of that line.

Hand guns are made for killin’
They ain’t no good for nothin’ else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don’t we dump 'em, people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some old fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me?

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure that you’d pass a background check, wouldn’t demand to own an arsenal of assault weapons, discharge a firearm unsafely or shoot someone for pulling into the wrong driveway or who was running away.

My standards aren’t high here - but they’re violated on the regular.

11 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Let’s take a look at how that whole we need to arm teachers thing is working out.

8 Likes
5 Likes

(Spoiler: about as well as Jim Jefferies predicted it would.)

6 Likes
9 Likes

This will end in tragedy. My guess is it won’t take very much time to do so. Omfg i hate this timeline so much…

weep bbc GIF

11 Likes

I was wondering how insurance companies are going to handle this. Surely schools have insurance. And the teachers?

Seems like extremely high risk behavior. Rate increases? Dropped policies?

6 Likes
11 Likes

No, no, the insurance companies will decrease the rates because an armed society is a polite society.

7 Likes
7 Likes

“I do believe if you have reasonable cause, sometimes you got to do what you got to do. But in certain cases like that, I don’t think that was a reasonable cause, and therefore, I don’t agree with it,” Wheeler said.

Holy shit, even after being shot he is spouting NRA bullshit. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes
8 Likes