“Responsible Gun Ownership”

He was booked into the Santa Rosa County jail and later released after posting bond, jail records show.

Yeah, based on his photo, that sounds about right.

Angry Fuck Me GIF

5 Likes
6 Likes

I really hope the girl has a few interviews at a CASA or some therapist appointments. A reaction like that is so abnormal and concerning. Someone kind and well trained needs to talk with her about what is going on inside the home when no one is watching

7 Likes

This. That’s not an overprotective father’s reaction. That’s a possessive father’s reaction. Ew.

7 Likes

Yes, that’s the reaction of a man who demands complete control over his child.

6 Likes

That is a truly baffling circumstance. There is a staggering amount of care taken to keep live ammo and blank ammo segregated. We even used to transport them in separate vehicles. After all range activities a full shakedown should be performed to ensure all rounds are accounted for. I expect this last step was skipped after a prior live-fire event (because SF guys are sometimes too cool for procedures).

Blank rounds require fitting a blank-fire adapter (BFA) to the flash suppressor. Since a SAW was used I expect the first live round that was fired destroyed the BFA, and the subsequent rounds struck the victim.

My bet is that the SAW was being used in magazine-fed mode vs belt-fed. A belt of live rounds would have been immediately obvious.

8 Likes

The tragedy has another act.

9 Likes

Responsible gun ownership flows from responsible gun design, manufacture, and distribution.

I think the international community should support Mexico in interdiction raids in the US including bombing gun factories whose main trade is illegal exports to criminals.

8 Likes
7 Likes

You have to transport ammunition in a hard sided case - usually locked up with your firearm. Kinda harder to miss that in your luggage. :person_shrugging:

9 Likes
4 Likes

Various and sundry pols tried unsuccessfully to negotiate “get out of jail free” cards for them.

5 Likes

The responsible gun-sellers.

How about that: cut the flood of guns, and reduce the migration and fentanyl problems. Can’t see why the Republicans wouldn’t want that… /s

11 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

According to court documents, Myers told detectives that he gave the teens multiple commands to stop and that they did not. He said one teen was backing up with his hands in the air, saying, “what the f—, man?.”

Myers reiterated to detectives that the teens would not follow his commands. It should be noted that Myers is not a uniformed law enforcement officer, and they did not need to follow his commands.

In Washington state, a citizen’s arrest can be conducted to detain someone you see committing a misdemeanor or felony, like when store employees restrain a shoplifter. Private citizens don’t have the authority to detain someone or take them to jail for believing a crime could be committed. If a person detains someone they didn’t see commit a crime, it could be considered false imprisonment.

Myers said he thought he saw a teen reach for something in his waistband, so he fired multiple times.

According to court documents, he stood over the teen on the ground and continued to fire.

8 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

And now we have this moron.

It doesn’t have a chance with our current legislature but what an idiot. He thinks an AR15 is something we hold dear and is a positive image.

“When we think about the state flower and the state tree, those are things that we hold dear – they’re a positive image,” said state Rep. Brian BeGole, R-Antrim Township.

5 Likes

“responsible” gun ownership.

9 Likes