“Responsible Gun Ownership”

I am honestly surprised the number isn’t much, much higher.

5 Likes

Apparently this is not 43% of the households that have guns, but 43% of US households total.
[dipshit mode] High enough for ya? [/dipshit mode]
It might be the phrasing, but I’ve read it five times now, and that is how it reads to me.

It also might be me me because I’m not over the clumsy phrasing of the first two paragraphs,

Firearms are the leading cause of death in the United States for children aged 0-19 years, with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reporting over 4,700 pediatric gun-related deaths in 2021.

Many of those deaths are unintentional.

which, put together that way, can be read as the intentional deaths of 0-19 year olds caused “by firearms” being kinda okay.

ETA:
Oh, and don’t get me started on the “by firearms” bit.

8 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

(Yahoo reprint)

6 Likes

in florida, no less! :person_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Poor retailers, not able to use the most techy-tech delivery systems! Forced to keep paying actual humans to drive stuff from point A to point B.

2 Likes

Coming soon to a grocery store near you too

8 Likes

Brian Siegfried was arrested in connection with the gunfire and charged with felony aggravated assault, five counts of recklessly endangering another person and a gun charge.

Witnesses on the scene told authorities they saw 41-year-old Siegfried “handling” the firearm on the front porch before he “cocked the gun, placed in on the table and walked across the street.”

Police said the weapon was in the “direct vicinity” of four children — all of them under the age of 5 years old — including a 3-year-old who managed to get their hands on the firearm.

None of the children were injured.

Siegfried later admitted he was “tired of holding the gun and put it down.”

Police noted he is also the subject of a protection from abuse order and was not legally permitted to possess a firearm. He’s being held at Northampton County Central Booking while he waits for his arraignment.

12 Likes

That seems to make it more “attempted murder” than “tired of holding the gun”. WTF???

10 Likes

This. If you are tired of holding the thing you are not, in fact, permitted to have, you could put it away, take it inside, even put it down somewhere children are not. But cock it, ready to fire, and place it in reach of toddlers, then leave the scene? This seems almost like a thought out plot!

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

10 Likes

And they’ll detect if a teenager stole someone else’s cards?

6 Likes

Because Jesus and John Adams agree…

“The reason why we raffle off things like bikes or a gun is for the reason that John Adams wrote that the annual celebration of Independence Day should be one that’s celebrated with fireworks and barbecues and one of the things he listed was guns,” said Pastor Joe Bevelacqua.

“Jesus believes in personal protection,” said Bevelacqua. “We hate it when we hear news about mass shootings. It grieves me in my heart, and we pray for those families. The solution to that type of crime in society is not for the good people who are doing it in the right way to be unarmed.”

But don’t worry, the church will be doing background checks because, I guess, that’s a thing churches do.

Pastor Bevelacqua said they would be doing background checks.

“We’ve had people that went out for it, and we’ve made sure that we’ve done a background check,” said Bevelacqua. “You don’t have to do a background check to come to church, and so you don’t have to do that to enter in, but in order to obtain the weapon, you must have a background check. And that’s state law. That’s not something that we’re making up and that we do anything shady like that.”

9 Likes

Jesus is well known for saying that one should turn the other assault rifle.

8 Likes

… I’m sure he meant Glocks and AR-15s :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Props to them if they first permanently converted it into a plowshare or a pruning hook.

2 Likes

2cf7d22a-67fe-4a67-83f8-aabc5dc1a0ce_text

5 Likes

…I know it’s absurd to ask when it’s a pair of white Hebrews with machine guns, but…are they supposed to be fighting limitanei? Because that’s not how the classic legions look at all.

2 Likes

Huh. TIL that Jesus and Moses were contemporaries. Did they meet at summer camp where they learned how to ride dinosaurs, I wonder?

7 Likes
6 Likes