“Responsible Gun Ownership”

We can throw yummy food at the bear to distract it from killing us, and succeed at escaping death. We have no such luxury against human men intent on harming or killing us.

The bear is always going to be the safer choice for women until patriarchy is well, and truly smashed.

9 Likes

Although, TBF, throw yummy food at me and that’s also a problem solved…though the only risk from me is that I’d bore you to death.

4 Likes

Cross post in good things

9 Likes
13 Likes

Though, what are they going to do? Tell someone strapping to put their gun in their car or go home? I’m not sure which is worse - confronting Yosemite Sam or having dozens, maybe hundreds of cars in the parking lot with weapons in them available for easy theft.

5 Likes

I did wonder how, but

Because the State Fair of Texas is a private, not-for-profit organization, it can prohibit firearms within the fairgrounds.

That includes gun owners with a license to carry or who practice constitutional carry, concealed carry and open carry.

Other weapons, such as illegal knives, clubs, explosives, ammunition, and even replica or hoax weapons, are prohibited as well.

In the past, the fair prohibited weapons on the property but made exceptions for licensed gun owners. That won’t be the case in 2024.

11 Likes

The guy who writes the comic Something Positive just moved out to LA from Texas (his spouse got a job in LA)… He just posted this comic:

from

12 Likes

No doubt Texas Republicans are already working on how to close this loophole.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Wtf

10 Likes

… tried to construct a joke around it, but there is no funny to be had there :-1:

8 Likes

Maybe something like she doesn’t know how to spell “Memaw?”

1 Like

… I was going to try something like, sure will be hilarious if she kills her own family because she’s not fully awake — but that’s not hilarious at all, even if it’s MTG :sob:

5 Likes

Some people in the south use Mamaw instead of Memaw or Meemaw. The first a in Mamaw rhymes with hat.

ETA: The really disturbing part of her post is the analogy. JD Vance is 40, and she’s 50. Comparing herself to Vance’s grandmother is…let’s all say it together now…WEIRD!

8 Likes

M-hat-maw? Like Ghandi?

/s

8 Likes

Everyone knows it’s Me-Ma (RIP, Me-Ma).

5 Likes
6 Likes

coming to a Publix near you!
(not you, Baka, the wider SE united states served by Publix).

as i’ve already told mum, when our Publix puts one of these abominable machines in our local, i’m buying a box of 12ga shells for great-grandaddy’s double-barrel shotgun what ain’t been fired in over 100 years.
because if it has come to that, then i might need a little more than “show”. there might need be a little “tell”.
Responsible?!
you be the judge.

4 Likes

Now even machine guns will be legal?! Welcome to even more casualties in mass shootings. I bet this asshole judge doesn’t have kids. Or he is a monster who thinks the guns are more important than our school age children

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-judge-tosses-machine-gun-possession-case-calls-ban-unconstitutional-2024-08-23/

Edit to fix mistake

5 Likes

… “legal,” I assume, they were illegal before

prosecutors failed to establish that a federal ban on owning such weapons is constitutional

… AIUI it’s not usually a district judge’s job to overturn a law’s constitutionality, I thought appeals courts were supposed to do that :confused:

7 Likes