Restaurant owner acquitted after foiling police sting

And the women’s team:

Yes, I know they were two totally different teams.

3 Likes

Later they went down the street to see if they could get lap dances at the “Gentlemen’s” club.

1 Like

I accept your explanation of it, thank you for clearing that up for me :slight_smile:

It’s still “ten tons” of bull :poop: as you already noted.

3 Likes

Nonsense! We let 18 year olds drink. As long as they are in the military and on a base outside the US.

I mean, you have to be actively willing to die before we’ll let that sort of thing happen, but we’re cool with it.

7 Likes

Let me just get this straight…

The Police can lie and send in teens under false pretenses, but the bar manager got in trouble for telling the truth? smdh.

7 Likes

Sometimes shit like this happens:

Asking honestly, when was the first time you 1) were aware of what ‘88’ meant in the White Supremacist sense and 2) had a visceral reaction to it?

For me, the answers are 1) sometime in the 1980s, in the back of my mind somewhere, and 2) only a couple years ago. I had always thought of “88” as the Chinese lucky number and something that some fringe wackos somewhere used in their hate group. Chinese people should hold off on abandoning the “88” numerology, because they had it first and they shouldn’t let a fringe group steal that away from them. Maybe 88 will be the new swastika eventually, but for now, it’s too early to tell.

I looked it up just out of curiosity, and I was shocked to find that Adolph last ranked in the top 1000 names in 1970. There was a little bit of a roll-off after WWII, but it’s not immediately clear from the rankings if this was because of WWII or just because Adolph was naturally losing popularity.

Ordering a drink is an adult situation.

These are minors, used as ‘informants’ (by undercover officers) who are being asked to solicit criminal behavior. Not 20 year olds. 17 year olds.

You just keep focusing on if people call it a bar with a restaurant or a restaurant with a bar. FFS.

1 Like

No, it’s not entrapment because entrapment doesn’t work that way.

1 Like

John Mackey
Alan Page
Isaac Bruce
Jeremy Shockey (used to be 80)
Tony Gonzales
Drew Pearson
Pat Summerall
Ike Hilliard (who was the reason Shockey wore 80 in NY)
Jerry Rice (in college)

1 Like

Not to pick nits, but I believe actual Nazis and Nazi wannabes are a much smaller percentage of the world population than those of Chinese heritage. And then there’s the ball players list I just posted, whose fans likely outnumber the Nazis as well. I’m not saying there is never a connection, but when the vast majority of instances is benign I can’t get quite that excited.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I’ve lived in several countries where there was either no age limit or it was never enforced and there are basically zero problems with the kids. Make it legal and then the rebelious teens have to find something else.

4 Likes

You’re saying I’m too excited? “Hysterical,” perhaps?

3 Likes

Can you believe that there are people who don’t believe that we live in a police state?

5 Likes

Except I had no idea what it meant until I came across it here, and I can pretty much guarantee virtually nobody I know has any clue either. Of course that’s likely because I live (and have previously lived) in places where Nazi-ism is virtually non-existent, but there are a lot of places like that. When we see concentrations of Nazis it’s because they like to be with their brethren, and fortunately that’s actually a really small number of people. So Whitefish, MT, yeah, pretty fucked up, but tons of other places aren’t like that.

1 Like

Yes indeed!

“Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!”

2 Likes

Not at all. We each have our own frames of reference and past experience. Whatever your excitement level (or lack thereof) is assuredly 100% appropriate for you, just as my own is appropriate for me. I’m just saying it’s not appropriate to expect the same level of excitement from everybody.

2 Likes

I’m just saying it’s not appropriate to expect the same level of excitement from everybody.

Huh. I don’t recall saying that I expect that from everybody.

3 Likes

Well sure, of course.

I don’t know. Honestly. There are so many tells, and white supremacists very helpfully will exhibit many of them at the same time, so I’m not sure when that particular one became known to me.

That’s shocking! I remember seeing a chart that showed significant drop-off at exactly that time. Perhaps it’s the X-axis difference between top-100 and top-1,000 names?

2 Likes

There’s a big difference between a bar and a restaurant that happens to serve liquor, sorry, For one, minors can’t even enter a bar.

Your post made it seem as if these kids were being sent into a bar, and that’s not even close to what happened. No, a restaurant isn’t particularly “unsafe”, silly; this kind of (attempted) transaction is VERY common, as anyone who has ever been 17 can probably attest, and this type of sting, flawed as it may be, is literally the only reliable way to find people violating the law.

Let me put it to you this way: The exact same type of sting is used to catch sale of tobacco/marijuana (where legal) products to minors. Is it “unsafe” to do so? I heartily doubt it; I’ve never felt “threatened” by convenience store/pot shop staff or customers. In a bar? Certainly. In a 7-11? Seriously, get a grip.

Furthermore, this article is mainly about what happened after the sting. Yes, the particular cops in question DID bork it badly, in that they should never leave their charges unsupervised, even for a moment, and their response to being exposed was terrible but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the idea, itself.

3 Likes

Nour do we wish to.

3 Likes