Restaurant server fired over video of man dining with blow-up doll

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/10/restaurant-server-fired-over-video-of-man-dining-with-blow-up-doll.html

9 Likes

So… she posted the video with the intent of getting fired.

She’s an asshole.

32 Likes

Maybe just stop filming people going about their business in public without their consent and you won’t have to worry about getting fired?

Seriously, what business is it of hers, if he’s not violating any policies? Leave people the hell alone!

34 Likes

As someone who once waited tables, that kind of customer would have made me smile at his whimsy, plus it would have meant less physical labor for me. (Blow up dolls can’t ask for refills or send their meals back.)

38 Likes

Was it not already blown up when he got there?

Anyway, yeah. The firing sounds like the right call here so long as he wasn’t doing anything to bother the staff or other customers.

15 Likes

Yeah, she’s TA here, but…

Dudes can be so fucking weird and gross. I’m so grateful that the male friends I do have can both enjoy sports and not be creeps about it.

11 Likes

:notes: I blew up your body… but you blew my mind :notes:

6 Likes

Synchronicity: I went from reading your comment to watching Season 1 Episode 4 of “Psych”, where 1:20, the lead actor says, “My fantasy team is killing me…” :astonished: Spooky!

5 Likes

Yeah - she’s an asshole. Don’t hire her for anything having to do with serving the public.

15 Likes

If I ever did sportsing bets with DudeBros, the loser would have to pick up trash along side the highway, or otherwise perform a benefit for the community- not mock people’s alternative lifestyle choices.

10 Likes

If you going to expose a server to some (unharmful) weirdness, then you should be prepared to leave a good tip.

Who says he wasn’t/didn’t?

She’s still an asshole, regardless.

Also, service staff should be paid better, in general.

13 Likes

I figured it was either a prank or someone lost a bet.

OR he planned on going to a Lords of Acid show, which often has those bopping around the venue similar to a beach ball at other concerts.

But yeah, kinda should BYOB if he isn’t hurting anyone.

3 Likes

I suppose it never occurred to her that this might limit those “new opportunities”. I’d certainly think twice about hiring her if I knew about this video.

3 Likes

Nor do they grope you or make inappropriate comments. The dream customer in many ways.

Personally, I think it’s a pretty funny bet/forfeit for someone. It must’ve been pretty embarrassing. The server is definitely the asshole here. And it seems like she wasn’t even the server of this table, which makes the assholishness doubly assholish. Judgmental prig.

9 Likes

Not even necessarily judgmental-just showing really poor ideas of when it’s ok to video someone without their consent and then post that video.

5 Likes

I mean, that too, but she definitely comes across as judgmental. She didn’t record him because she thought the situation was cool, or anything.

8 Likes

No, at the very least she did it for the negative attention; because she felt superior to “the weirdo,” who was not even sitting in her station.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.