Reverse trick-or-treating

[Read the post]

4 Likes

There was a comic strip about this going around Twitter:

6 Likes

thank you ā€“ i knew i saw this the other day somewhere, but i couldnā€™t find the link.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Thatā€™s my Halloween comic you are referring too. Hereā€™s the original link (itā€™s creative commons too).

It comes around each Halloween and makes me smile, but itā€™s weird thinking about how popular it is in comparison to my other comics. Iā€™m doing an AMA about it now if you have any questions.

14 Likes

I have seen the comic a few times: great meme!
I actually made a costume this year (Iā€™m 52, soā€¦ )
This year I wasā€¦ a door. I made a more Halloween-y version of our black front door, complete w glow in the dark runes, crude bolt heads, rust and so on. It fit perfectly in the door space. I cut a hole in the middle to fit my face, sat in a chair and looked outward. As kids approached I would be completely still, then when they got close enough I grin real big and yell ā€œWHO LIKES CANDY!!!ā€ Oh their dulcet screams were music to mine ears! jk Then I would demand that they feed me candy. Only one set of kids came back and fed me some Skittles (those precocious imps also kept hitting my face and saying ā€œyou be quiet you Frankenstein you!ā€ kids these days, eh?)

I almost had my wife make up my ugly mug in black, highlights in red/copper, but a white guy in blackface didnā€™t poll well. Next year Iā€™m finding bronze facepaint and adding more bronze color to the ā€˜doorā€™. Maybe Iā€™lll carry it around and knock on other folks doors and demand candy. Thatā€™d be all shiny and chrome!

13 Likes

Sort of surprised this took place in the US. The old-lady-crossdressing-schtick they have going is classic python.

Oooh! Well I never!

I was going to say, I knew that comic had been around a while.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.