Review: Logitech MK270, the cheapest-ass wireless keyboard and mouse combo

I love the Logitech K360 keyboard with the multi-connection dongle and use it on every PC in my life… but it has too much lag on my MacPro at home. I wound up getting an Anker tiny bluetoof keyboard that works quite well. I do miss the 10-key and the insanely long battery life of Logitech wireless products (the anker is rechargeable).

I still use the logitech M570 wireless trackball on every computer with an additional logitech wireless “normal” mouse at work (i don’t remember the model but it’s within the 5 items on 1 dongle) and switch between mouses, depending on the job, without having to do anything in the background.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, and I’d forgotten about the separate-mouse factor until I re-read the main page.

Thanks for the link. I will be needing a replacement for the nano or novo or whatever I have now.

1 Like

I’ll throw the Logitech K400+ keyboard/touchpad combo in for consideration. I got it for a media center PC that I set up recently and it’s been a decent solution. Nothing about it is superlative, but it fit what I was looking for (wanted a more-or-less full-size keyboard, didn’t want to have to deal with separate keyboard and mouse, didn’t want to spend more than $30).

1 Like

The Logitech wireless keyboard I brought and the USB dongle blue screen of death-ed my PC, went to their website and contacted them to attempt to resolve the issue, heard nothing from them. Contacted them again a week later, no response. Waited another week with nothing from them, returned the keyboard to the vendor for a refund. About a week or two later got an email from Logitech customer support about the issue I was having with my keyboard, so I won’t be purchasing any more of their products.

1 Like

I’d expect you’d be busier making trails, cutting trees, and generally being in the 1930s in the CCC.

I use this cheap-ass combo as well!

Actually the model number is a bit different… and it’s a Japanese layout… same cheap Logitech combo though!

Another fun fact: Logitech is branded as logicool in Japan. Supposedly the company name Logitech was already taken!

I had a gaming mouse under warranty years ago and when i attempted to get in touch with them multiple times i never got a response. Last year a separate gaming mouse i owned (also under warranty) started to not work and when i got in touch with them they were quick to respond. Even got an upgrade to a newer model since the one i had they were no longer producing.

I use the decidedly more expensive k830 keyboard/touchpad combo to control my living room mac mini from the sofa. Pros: backlight keys, built in rechargeable battery, one device. Cons: very plastic, not good for extensive typing.

1 Like

I love it. Even bought a few extras for backup. Used the MK260 before. Keys are ok though of course far from Cherry MXs, the mouse fits my smallish hands well enough for what little I use the mouse anyway, and it’s bloody cheap, but the real reason I like it is that it’s the only non-gamer Logitech combo currently available that actually has the context key where it is supposed to be - and I use that key a lot. Most other Logitech keyboards have that bloody useless FN-key instead, and you have to press something like FN+PrtScr to get the context menu. I can live without a second meta (=windows) key, but definitely not the context key!

Assuming your USB subsystem is otherwise healthy, must be a pretty neat hardware defect for a USB HID device to bluescreen a remotely recent Windows version.

Some of their stuff will attempt to add ‘helpful’ shovelware if Windows Update is set to provide drivers; but they work with the normal USB class drivers, which are generally pretty well behaved.

Unfortunately not Kitty enough for me

Do you remember the Microsoft 5 button trackball? I miss those something fierce

It is taken but for the life of me I don’t remember what that company did.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.