RFK Jr. denies he ever made "ethnically targeted"anti-semitic comments (video)

Originally published at: RFK Jr. denies he ever made "ethnically targeted"anti-semitic comments (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

“Who are you gonna believe, me or your lying ears and eyes?”

It’s always the same old tired crap with these grifters, testing to see how many customers are stupid enough to buy their snake oil.

16 Likes

Garbage fires like this are why I still look at twitter. I’ll never pay a dime for it, but I can’t wait to see the evidence posts pop in.

7 Likes

Narrator voice: “He did”

8 Likes

11 Likes

From Josh Marshall at TPM: "What he means or believes in his heart hardly matters. He operates in this bullshit world, one in which you glom on to the claims that are most provocative, the most radioactive, and most opposed to “establishment” thinking. Anti-Semitism is just one of the building blocks you’ll eventually use because it’s got the most forbidden power. "

A lot of what he’s spouting originates on QAnon message boards. He may not realize that he’s spreading anti-semitism but it’s part of the very structure of these kinds of conspiracy theories.

There’s no evidence of programs he describes, he doesn’t cite any proof beyond “there are papers” (OK, let’s see them), and the science itself is garbage-- creating ethnically targeted bioweapons is probably impossible because even the “safe” ethnic groups would experience huge casualties, and we’ve seen how quickly viruses mutate as they spread.

12 Likes

In January, 2022, RJK, Jr. suggested that COVID 19 vaccine mandates were more egregious than the holocaust, invoking the fact that Anne Frank managed to hide from the Nazis for a period of time. That is not only anti-semitic, it’s one of the dumbest fucking things I’ve ever heard any human being say who wasn’t intentionally trying to say the dumbest fucking thing ever said. His own wife was like, “Hey, that’s all on him. We disagree about a lot of stuff.”

19 Likes

He knows exactly what he’s doing. It always comes down to “da jooooos did it!” with these lamebrain conspiracy theories, so if anything he just cut to the chase.

11 Likes

He’s now claiming that he’s never been anti-vaccines. Does he think he’s a Jedi or something and we’ll all just believe what he says because he says it?

12 Likes

The “I’m not at all anti-vaxx, I’m pro-safe vaccines” is a very worn trope in the antivaxx world. Of course, when asked, “Well, which ones are safe” the answer is either duck and weave or “Well, none of them.” It’s bullshit, and dates back to when “antivaxx” was not a favored position and they tried to avoid that label. Currently, it’s al the rage and they embrace it shole-heartedly. Honestly, I have not heard the “safe vaccine” argument in years, now.

13 Likes

Have you seen the media lately?

In the service of not appearing to take sides least they be labeled the “Liberal Media” and “Fake News”, they’ll just repeat whatever he says as the “news”. With no context at all, just out there all by itself. No additional information that it’s complety false or factually wrong.

It’ll just be “He said X”. Put out there all on it’s own, self standing, as if the entirity of the “news” is that those sounds came out of his mouth.

It’ll be left to the news consumer to remember that those particular sound waves are inconsistent with reality. A skill that many do no have.

9 Likes

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

― Jean-Paul Sartre in Anti-Semite and the Jew

Sartre certainly has his flaws, but he pointed out decades ago exactly this pattern of behavior.

9 Likes

Pretty severe case of short-term memory loss you got there, Junior.
Is there any particular reason [besides grift and publicity] you are running for POTUS?
I’m so old, I remember your daddy, and I would’ve voted for him in a heartbeatyou, no way in hell.
I wonder what he would make of how his namesake turned out.

4 Likes

Blacks and Caucasians and least compatible with ethnic Chinese, Finns, and Ashkenazi Jews

Nice to see that I’m part of the Illuminati.
5 )|( 23

Fnord

5 Likes

Finally, a citation. I see African/African-American population mentioned in the abstract as being more susceptible, but nothing about Ashkenazi Jews or Chinese people being less susceptible. Does anyone have or know how to access to the full paper?

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you. This looks like the key graf:

We found that the distribution of deleterious variants in ACE2 differs among 9 populations in gnomAD (v3). Specifically, 39% (24/61) and 54% (33/61) of deleterious variants in ACE2 occur in African/African-American (AFR) and Non-Finnish European (EUR) populations, respectively (Fig. 1b). Prevalence of deleterious variants among Latino/Admixed American (AMR), East Asian (EAS), Finnish (FIN), and South Asian (SAS) populations is 2–10%, while Amish (AMI) and Ashkenazi Jewish (ASJ) populations do not appear to carry such variants in ACE2 coding regions

So, unsurprisingly, the statement he supposedly based on this paper is stinking BS. And again, he’s a lawyer trained in close reading and citing, so he knew exactly what he was doing in deliberately misinterpreting this study.

His statement, again for comparison to the above, with some notes by me in brackets:

“COVID-19. There is an argument that it is ethnically targeted. [“people are saying, believe me!”] COVID-19 attacks certain races disproportionately,” [no, according to the study certain racial and ethnic populations have a higher incidence of genetic variants that may be deleterious in the context of Covid] Kennedy said. “COVID-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and black people. [“Targeted”, implying intent and engineering design.] The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.” [the study says nothing about immunity. And where’s the mention of Latinx, Finnish, South Asian, and Amish populations along with the perfidious East Asians and Ashkenazi Jews?]

4 Likes

Jr. is full of shit
Donald Glover Wow GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

Analysis of why he is a piece of shit

4 Likes

Charles Lindbergh was an American hero and one of the strongest voices for keeping the US out of WW2. Then in September, 1941 he gave an openly antisemitic speech blaming a (nonexistent) Jewish lobby for trying to convince FDR to enter the war. Americans were appalled and the isolationist America First Committee, among others, hurried to distance themselves from him. The speech destroyed Lindbergh’s credibility and he never had much influence on American thought again.

I’d like to think there is still enough decency in the general populace that RFK Jr. will meet the same fate, but in terms of the media and the way beliefs are spread, we live in a very different world.

4 Likes