RFK Jr. spins deranged CIA Covid pandemic conspiracy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/23/rfk-jr-spins-deranged-cia-covid-pandemic-conspiracy.html

7 Likes

ETA:

Disclosure: I do have a few friends who are actual MDs, who have tried to convince me that the true origins of the original coronovirus and its many mutations comprising our most recent pandemic were, from its earliest moments, part of a CIA project that (depending on which friend is arguing) either went awry or went exactly according to plan.

I am just not ready to buy their arguments. And I know I’m dumber than them, and that they have a lot more medical expertise that I ever will. They’re still my friends, but oh man I do everything I can to avoid this whole topic, and they respect my no-go zone conversationally.

17 Likes

“Look over there! It’s Halley’s Comet!”

7 Likes

squirrel GIF

9 Likes

Being medical doctors only means they possess more medical knowledge than you do; it’s no guarantee of being “smart.” Dunning-Kruger is real even amongst MDs; if someone truly thinks they know everything, that means they are blind to whatever it is that they don’t actually know…

18 Likes

One of the best “signature” lines I ever saw went something like this:

We learn from our mistakes. I will surely learn many things today.

True “wisdom” isn’t knowing everything; it’s knowing that you don’t know everything, and that there are still more things to learn.

13 Likes

I wish we lived in a country where people would immediately dismiss him as the lunatic he is. Instead, the best we can hope for is that he’ll divert as many or more votes from Biff as he does from Biden.

12 Likes

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

As I have said before, in any sufficiently large group, there will be outliers who drift far beyond the 2SD on the bell curve. There are more than a few MD’s who fall into that category, which is why I constantly advise seeking multiple sources of info. As far as dumber than them? Current evidence says “Nah…”

16 Likes

And by ‘treat’, I mean straightjackets and padded cells.

4 Likes

Sounds like the people who attended the event were exactly the kind of people one would expect to attend such an event.

“What reason would people who work in national security, public health, vaccine distribution and pharmaceutical research POSSIBLY have for attending an event about preparing for future pandemic outbreaks if they weren’t up to something sinister?”

10 Likes

RFKJR made up the “brain worm” story to try to lower the amount of alimony he wanted to pay, so we can’t use that to excuse his absolute batshit insane squealing.

1 Like

This fucking guy…

8 Likes

JFK, Jr. is still alive. It was RFK, Jr. who really died in that plane crash.

RFK, Jr. was replaced by a crisis actor from China.

9 Likes

… they were FAKE CRISIS BRAINWORMS

The real brainworms are still on Hunter’s laptop

11 Likes

istockphoto-1404698274-612x612

Hey, bird! I got a job for you.

3 Likes

A guy came up to me in a parking lot yesterday. He was wearing a, “Who Is RFK Jr.?” T-shirt, and carrying a clipboard. As soon as he launched into his, “do you have a moment to sign a petition to-” spiel, I laughed in his face and walked away. He continued, “get Secret Service protection for RFK Jr.?” and I laughed even harder. I kind of wish I’d been able to keep a straight face. I’d like to find out what kind of threats he thought RFK Jr. was in danger from. More brain worms? Havana Syndrome? Aliens?

11 Likes

Obligs:

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

I mean… I kinda hafta post this, right?

7 Likes

The gross, slimy aliens would take one look at him at launch a rescue mission for the poor brainworms. “It would be too cruel to leave them there! Too cruel!”

7 Likes

Dunno if we’re talking “die of starvation” scenarios but PETAA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Aliens ‘n’ Animals) would definitely have to have a meeting about what their own policy is, given… new information.

5 Likes

“But the Secret Service is part of the Deep State! They’re in cahoots with the CIA and the CDC! Whoever encouraged you to work on this petition is in on it. They’re using you as a pawn so they can get close to RFK jr. Trust no one…”

4 Likes