Richard Spencer says that antifa sucked all the fun out of college appearances, calls it quits

Anarchists are literally fighting terrorists while liberals whine about violence and clutch their pearls. And post-Charlottesville, what the feds up to? They’re compelling antifa to testify at grand juries about how they organize.

22 Likes

29 Likes

anti-facist-spencer-punch

63 Likes

Never gets old!

18 Likes

“Violence is never the answer!”
Yeah, that’s more of a guide than a rule, right? Punch Nazis as much as you like/can.

44 Likes

And gentrification, it seems.

5 Likes

goldenshower

21 Likes

Where were they in the Spanish Civil War?

12 Likes

Unless the question is “What’s the right response to Nazis?”

23 Likes

Seriously. Other, far more exemplary Americans beat Patton by a decade.
(Obviously plenty of non Americans also)

12 Likes

The article seems to be making the argument that this incident is evidence that violence can be used to control people one does not like. People who would be swayed by this need to get a much wider perspective. Of course violence is effective if you ignore all the pesky side effects. Why this particular incident should be the tipping point for realizing this when history is literally full of examples is just beyond me. Again it implies a very narrow field of awareness.

3 Likes

So you’re saying we shouldn’t react to violence-promoting Nazis by punching Nazis?

12 Likes

Of course, there’s another option:

Spencer’s full of shit, incidents of Antifa’s violence are overblown, and his message has simply fizzled out.

31 Likes

There goes common sense again, undercutting a rightwing snowflake’s ironic effort to don the mantle of victimhood.

22 Likes

Nazis are professional crybabies, FACT!

16 Likes

cue the sad trombone

5 Likes

And facts are likely the very thing that most provokes their tears.

11 Likes

Agreed. Anyone who marches under a Nazi flag is a Nazi and their aims as a group are violent, nationalist and genocidal. Whether they are currently equivocating over violence is irrelevant. They state their goals and tactics by affiliation. They deserve to be punched.

39 Likes

I can’t tell if that’s sarcastic, but I’m always friends with a prole stroll.

2 Likes

I believe bolamig is pointing out that in many ways if we tolerate Nazi punching, then we’d better be prepared to take responsibility for the other sorts of punching that occurs because of our support for punching in certain circumstances.

Likewise, if we don’t support Nazi punching, we need to take responsibility of the fact that such tolerance will be misconstrued as actual approval by a portion of the population.

I think it’s quite possible for there to be people appalled by Nazis to decide that the damage caused by supporting violence is greater than the damage that caused by not supporting violence.

Do you disagree? Or does not supporting violence make you pro-Nazi? :slight_smile:

2 Likes