Right-wing's view on terrorism

Meanwhile, Republicans insist the real terrorists are the groups that haven’t killed anyone since WWII and who oppose the ideology of the president’s pet shooters.

30 Likes

More than that, they’re painting antifa as the “real” terrorists. Shades of McCarthy-era tarring of some liberals and progressives as “premature anti-fascists”.

33 Likes

Short thread/comments by David Neiwert:

Basically, sometimes, these guys want to be martyred, so they’ll kill themselves or let the cops kill them, making them suicide terrorists. Sometimes, what they want is personal glory, so they surrender to the cops.

12 Likes

Yeah, I’m just wondering when the cops don’t give the shooter the option to surrender. In this case, it seems the shooter was outside, firing at people in line - the cops probably didn’t have any cover and may have immediately engaged him and he didn’t have time to surrender, even if that was his plan. (And when shooters aren’t white, the cops often don’t give them the option of surrendering even when it’s possible.)

6 Likes

I read in a couple places the gun-owner was also wearing a mask in addition to body armor, but a lot of other sources left that little detail out. Sure could explain why the police would take him out if that was the case…

2 Likes

Likely this is what happened.

Meanwhile the el Paso guy surrendered immediately, and I suspect he believes he’ll get pardoned and invited to the white house.

12 Likes

He may be right. It’s a long time 'til election day, and once Hannity or Tucker or Kevin Williamson float the idea, it won’t be long before Trump endorses it…

FB_IMG_1564930062697

53 Likes

Meanwhile, in the White House…

In any other context, those words would be a stirring denunciation of Trump, as that perfectly describes him. In this context, I can’t tell if she’s supremely unaware, or totally self-aware but just incredibly evil. I don’t think she’s particularly unaware, so…

9 Likes

I wouldn’t be entirely unsurprised if they eventually start responding to these shootings with “Thoughts and prayers lololol”

3 Likes

The arsehole in El Paso was wearing ear and eye protectors, so he wasn’t planning on suicide by cop.

5 Likes

One clearly was when the shooter killed cops.

(Very little doubt they burned down the cabin he was in without trying to take him alive)

3 Likes

harrison-ford-who-gives

4 Likes

Black suspects, or those who target cops (and especially those who are both) rarely seem to get the option to surrender. I was thinking of that incident in Dallas where the guy shot cops, then they murdered him with a police bomb disposal robot during the stand-off, even though no one’s life was immediately at risk.

But there are the kinds of suspects who normally would be given the chance to surrender but don’t get the option, I suspect, because in the particular situation, the cops don’t feel secure enough to give them the time/opportunity to do so.

1 Like

These individuals are the phalanx of Trump’s army in Trump’s War against minorities.

2 Likes

The dogs are whistling back.

5 Likes

I’d like to think that something like this would make Carlson and the powers that be at Fox think about what they are doing, but I doubt it.

3 Likes

They’ll probably get the letter framed or even gold-plated.

2 Likes

I’m not saying he is a racist, the racists are saying he is a racist.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.