Rightwing media fantasizes that Trump's mugshot appeals to Black voters

Not to mention implying that Black people are all criminals who feel that a mug shot makes Trump one of them. This is definitely designed to lean on racist stereotypes to make White conservatives feel like Trump’s chances are better.

11 Likes

Beyond the obvious racism, the fact is that gangsta rappers were making pro-Trump videos in 2016. Whatever small segment of the Black community that is impressed by toughness and street cred was already with Trump. This isn’t going to move anybody.

4 Likes

I think they are confusing the concept of “street cred” with being a corrupt politician. The two are not the same.

ETA - Oops, that is what the commentator said in the video, now that I’ve watched it.

Oh and the story Jessie Waters tells about “his garbage man is buying mugshot tshirts for his family this Christmas” is the most god damn laughable lie.

7 Likes

Just wait until they buy a case of this overpriced swill!
My wife said it reminds her that Martha Stewart and Snoop Dawg are on the labels of 19 crimes. I know Martha is a hardened criminal (see the teardrop tattoo? it signals don mess w me), but has Snoop ever been arrested? Plus they are cool and Hair Shitler is a fascist wanker.

5 Likes

Is it wrong of me to want that image to be the one one they hang in the National Portrait Gallery?

3 Likes

They’re enjoying the thrilling freefall without a thought of what the bottom has in store for them.

8 Likes

Gastroenterologists?

6 Likes

Yeah. He was charged with murder and was acquitted in the 90s. Plus a number of arrests (and a couple convictions) for drug possession.

3 Likes

Straight Outta Options

5 Likes

It feels like there is an orange is the new black joke in there, but I can’t find it.

7 Likes

I heard he can still run for President as a convicted felon, but most convicted felons can’t even vote? Seems sus.

5 Likes

Yeah. It’s because the Constitution spells out the qualifications for President and it’s been taken to mean that there can be no additional requirements, like not being a felon, without a Constitutional amendment.

That said, engaging in an insurrection disqualifies one from being President, with or without a conviction, though if litigation waited until after he’s elected, it would be a f’cking nightmare.

2 Likes

I was thinking the fact that he had a mugshot, but that works as well.

5 Likes

I’d think it would actually appeal to most people if it made its way onto a dartboard.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.