Trump supporters usung AI to fake photos of him with Black folks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/04/trump-supporters-usung-ai-to-fake-photos-of-him-with-black-folks.html

9 Likes

Use AI, they said… what could go wrong, they said… it’s progress, they said…

25 Likes

“AI” is a true windfall for a corporate media desperate for a horse-race narrative. They’ll grasp at anything that helps them create their own nail-biting popular vote photo finish.

This will be another depressingly close race, but only because of the broken-by-design Electoral College system and pervasive Republican cheating. But you won’t see the big news brands going after those aspects of politics-as-usual with the same zeal.

19 Likes

Unfortunately there are enough Black Republicans and Evangelicals to pose for real photos with their God-Emperor.

7 Likes

It’s easy to generate an Ai image of trump with black people, any people, but try and generate one with trump with Klansmen in hoods and robes and most Ai apps will block the attempt. Weird right?

20 Likes

It doesn’t matter who they take a photo of him with, it wouldn’t change my vote.
But for those who don’t know, the hands are still a good give away if you’re trying to determine if a photo-realistic image is AI generated.
Not sure how long that will be the case, though. :grimacing:

15 Likes

Cool, do zombies and lizard people next.

12 Likes

That can’t stop Republicans from using a new toy that allows them to cheat. Fraud is a compulsion baked into the party.

13 Likes

No, that’s how Trump actually looks like.

16 Likes

[My posts] have attracted thousands of wonderful kind-hearted Christian followers

True followers of the Christian religion should be absolutely furious with “I’m a Christian” being used as a shield for terrible people.

13 Likes

The lady looking over Trump’s shoulder has terrifying eyes and the webbing between his fingers could have done with a spot of concealer.

3 Likes

Aww hamberders!

The AI does it again.

Surely ai generated anything leaves some sort of tell, fingerprint, etc. wouldn’t be difficult to find out in theory, but thats just a guess.

1 Like

Where applicable, any display text like the t-shirts are an even more immediate giveaway.

4 Likes

The straw colored-hair casts no shadow on his face and his face seems to have a john-candyesque jowls to it. :joy:

2 Likes

I’m surprised the all-male group porch shot fooled anyone. Trump’s notably smaller than he should be.

2 Likes

And the fingers, so far AI isn’t good at fingers, eyes, teeth. Which is probably little teeth and fingers showing.

Either way, creepy dystopian use of technology Goddammiitt, if they’re using it for this RN, what does a tr**p presidency bode!

1 Like

I did notice the one guy’s t-shirt text. But that could also be people adding to a “real” photo.
The ball cap, though, that’s just incomprehensible.

3 Likes

I am convinced that most if not all of smaller, local “Blacks for Trump” groups are set up and run by white people. Sure, they have some black conservatives in them, but it isn’t the grassroots support they try to portray it as.

Like that conference Trump rambled on during a week or so ago. Panned the audiance and it was pretty darn white for a black Republican event.

4 Likes

What could possibly make you think that?

12 Likes

Has there ever been an actual photo of that awful human making for real physical contact with a black person? I don’t actually know, but past behaviour suggests that is very unlikely.

2 Likes