Rightwing media fantasizes that Trump's mugshot appeals to Black voters

Originally published at: Rightwing media fantasizes that Trump's mugshot appeals to Black voters | Boing Boing

4 Likes

He’s a schoolyard bully. Tought ? Har-dee-har-har.
tenor

9 Likes

I still think it looks like the Penguin trying to hold onto a Werther’s original mid-shot. Which is funny since you know he spent hours in front of a mirror trying to get the right shot.

He would have gotten far more mileage out of it if he did his normal stupid grin.

14 Likes

This is just racism wrapped in a different bow, right? They’re basically saying that Black men are so stupid that they would change their minds and vote for Trump just because he looks tough in his mugshot? Yeah…that’s pretty racist.

37 Likes

This line of reasoning is the most offensive thing I’ve seen.

Uh… on second thought… maybe that prize goes to the mugshot itself.
Yeah, the prize goes to the mugshot, and uh, I guess the subject of said mugshot.

Um, yeah, it’s the subject, the subject of the mugshot is, hands down, the most offensive thing ever.

17 Likes

SSDD. And so it goes.

19 Likes

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

david tennant puke GIF

Snl Thats Racist GIF by Saturday Night Live

19 Likes

Ok cool so now that you believe that you clearly see that there’s no reason to disenfranchise people based on the racial demographics of a city or town…right?

19 Likes

Yeah, I’m hoping that TFG can become like Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and Tupac Shakur, but in a different and more permanent way.

12 Likes

Von Clownstick and his henchmen (and ardent followers) are actual thugs, and not in the racist dog whistle sense they’re so fond of using.

15 Likes

Trump’s mugshot appeals to me (even though I’m not a Black voter.) In fact, I hope it’s the first in a series of pictures:

• Trump’s mugshot
  • Trump as the judge is finding him in contempt of court for violating their order not to intimidate witnesses
  • Trump in an orange jumpsuit as he’s appearing in court following his time in jail for contempt
  • Trump’s face as the guilty verdict is pronounced
  • Trump’s face as he’s sentenced
  • Trump’s face as seen through the bars of his prison cell
15 Likes

Holy heck. So they’re comparing Trump’s mugshot to those of the people he called to have killed, and whose innocence he still refuses to acknowledge?

There is no bottom for these people.

16 Likes

To me, the photo looks like he’s been sitting on a toilet for 30 minutes and is constipated. There’s only one specific group that would be attracted to that…and that group is not Black people.

9 Likes

This is not only enormously racist, it’s also unfathomably stupid.

19 Likes

I am fairly sure that Trump having an arrest and mugshot is in fact appealing to a lot of Black voters. Not as appealing as him shuffling off in orange or indeed this mortal coil. Those would be even more appealing images to, well to most people in the world frankly.

9 Likes

It sounds like they sourced this by overhearing it at a black hipster coffee shop.

6 Likes
8 Likes

8 Likes

Things the mugshot does NOT make Trump appear: Tough. “Gangsta.” More appealing to Black voters.
Things the mugshot DOES make Trump appear: Petulant. Like he’s holding in a fart. As if he’s thinking, “I’m definitely stealing that child’s candy.”

Oooh, now that’s very appealing! Bet we’ll get lots of coffee mugs and posters out of that!

Big strong Black men with tears in their eyes…

@BakaNeko
It’s totally a model look. Which shouldn’t be surprising, given that Trump hangs out with (second rate) models, and that’s obviously influenced him. He’s trying for “Churchill” and ending up with Steven Seagal crossed with Melania.

8 Likes

The New Yorker cartoon? Christ what an asshole!

4 Likes