Trump goes full racist at Black Conservatives event

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/24/trump-goes-full-racist-at-black-conservatives-event.html

16 Likes

Did he mention his shoes?

27 Likes

Really good summary video. For sure I can’t watch the full speeches.

Do we have a hair pulling emoji?

12 Likes

Still waiting for that puke emoji.
I mean, JFC.

22 Likes

I want the table flip emoji. A miniature slo-mo Alan Rickman, accept no substitutes.

19 Likes

So how did Trump’s prediction that he would win 95% of the Black vote in 2020 pan out?

21 Likes

If any of those present still vote for him…FFS.

12 Likes

I think the real headline here is “Head of Republican Party Acknowledges Systemic Racism”. Subhead can be “Thinks it applies to him”.

19 Likes

Confused Bryan Cranston GIF

Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

13 Likes

That was the slo-mo I never knew I needed!

14 Likes

ohjes, right…tell us more, donald…

18 Likes

and just ~today trump declares:

“Criminal Indictments Are The Reason 'Black People Like Me. I’m being indicted for you, the Black population,” (the former president told a gathering of Black conservatives in South Carolina)

how, oh how, can any but a rich (stupid ‘straight’ christo-fascisistic) old white guy think about supporting a republican!? Does a “gathering of Black conservatives” even stop to ask what “conservatism” means anymore? and why they’d want to ‘conserve’ any part of what “conservatives” want to …conserve? (lately that would fetch up at no later than the 19th @#$ century) -sigh-

15 Likes

There’s a reason for that…

Really… what was he expecting? Jeez.

With any luck, he will be jailed for Contempt of Court at his upcoming criminal trial.
I don’t think that judge is gonna put up with his shit.

Best case scanario, his next achievements will be:
Total financial ruin.
A prison cell.
Room temperature.
Preferably in that order.

9 Likes

The only way I can explain why they sit there and applaud while he says people like them are dirt is that they think he’s not talking about them. It reminds me of my sister-in-law’s late father, whose family were “illegal immigrants” from Mexico at a time when the subject wasn’t a hot-button issue. They got jobs, built a house, raised kids. Yet he would rail endlessly about those “damned wetbacks” and “Mexicans” who were entering the country illegally, lowering the property values, and stealing good American jobs.

16 Likes

See also: Clarence Thomas spending decades fighting against the very affirmative action programs he once credited for enabling him to pursue the kind of career where he’d be in a position to make rulings on affirmative action.

21 Likes

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

I can’t believe he got out of there unscathed.

The secret service must be amazing

15 Likes

Sadly

9 Likes

I Just Cant Video Game GIF by Playful Studios

12 Likes

The point I was trying to make is the apparent head of the leopards eating faces party is eating their faces, and it’s horrifying to think that anyone at that meeting might still vote for the leopard what’s eating their faces.

I hipped my BF to the term ‘ladder pullers’ the other night.

18 Likes