Rittenhouse Rye would like you to please stop associating it with Kyle Rittenhouse

Originally published at: Rittenhouse Rye would like you to please stop associating it with Kyle Rittenhouse | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Arseholes are forever fucking things up. I feel sorry for all the people who suddenly find themself sharing a name with a serial killer, or other form of dickwad.

11 Likes

Keep your damn Nazi out’a our Rye Whiskey. F’ing Nazis…

10 Likes

I blame Holden Caulfield; that little edgelord.

7 Likes

Man. yeah i hope this one is quickly forgotten and not forever tainted - Like how i used to enjoy pepe the frog cartoons when Matt Furie drew them, or how I liked the name Milo because of my grandfather until that nazi came along. At least they seem unable to take Gritty away from us.

4 Likes

I’d never heard of them before, so now I’m associating them with Kyle right now!

3 Likes

Yeah, I have to think if nothing was said, these edge-lords would be doing their thing in their shit pit, and most of the world is oblivious. And probably stop being a thing in 3-6 months. Now it just upped the life span, because if there is one thing the right wing goons love to do, is piss people off. It means they are “winning”.

2 Likes

Oh man, this has hints of the AYDS/AIDS situation.

5 Likes

Willet’s Winery and Bar in Bardstown KY posted a photo of Rittenhouse Rye the night K Rittenhouse was found not guilty telling people to come in and celebrate with $5 shots of Rittenhouse. They deleted ALL of their social media within an hour of posting it. I hope they go out of business forever.

14 Likes

That’s unfortunate; I like several of Willet’s whiskeys. Just to clarify though, Rittenhouse Rye is made by Heaven Hill, not Willet

3 Likes

That is an admirably masterful bit of PR writing.

4 Likes

That statement is an example of PR folks truly earning their money. It’s nuanced, avoids taking a side, and distances the brand from the situation while taking the high road. Bravo.

Update: Having read the replies to the tweets, including the obligatory ones including the word “woke,” that…didn’t work. Predictably, I guess.

6 Likes

Nothing says peace like a toxic cigar and a glass of poison.

1 Like

Correction, a metabolizable glass of poison.

3 Likes

Never been caught, AFAIR.

1 Like

I’m drinking sweet, delicious poison right now!

(Michters, not Rittenhouse)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.