Robbers in Hong Kong steal 600 rolls of toilet paper, a hot commodity due to coronavirus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/18/robbers-in-hong-kong-steal-600.html

3 Likes

Emergency fix:
Download (10)

5 Likes

I’m sure they are flush with success.

3 Likes

the thing comes up sometimes what is software and what is hardware

Up until I left home, the White pages were our go to TP when Mom was out’a work.

4 Likes

The armed robbery took place in Mong Kok, a district of Hong Kong with a history of “triad” crime gangs, early on Monday.

OK, I know what #1 amd #2 are, but I’m baffled about #3. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

More like a hot commode-ity…

4 Likes

Huh. 600 rolls is just a drop in the bucket. I wonder though, just what their value is in the barter economy?

For people in isolated communities this isn’t a joke. Whenever a hurricane is on its way here to Hawaii, or longshoreman vote to strike, the first thing that sells out in stores is TP. (The second thing is Spam.) People remember too clearly the times that we were caught unprepared.

3 Likes

So who believes that multiple people where willing to get the knives out over toilet paper when “supplies of food and household goods remain stable”?

I’m afraid that my supply of childlike faith appears to have been affected by quarantine restrictions, so I’m having some issues on that front.

1 Like

You don’t invent these one
" Hong Kong police on a roll as third suspect in toilet paper heist flushed out"
Magic title.

3 Likes

I’m sure there are more than a few copies of this laying around that could be put to good use.

2 Likes

Sorry if I wasn’t clear: my skepticism concerns the actual state of supply stability; rather than the actual occurrence of the theft.

1 Like

There was a panic buying at one point 2 weeks ago and yes, shelves are almost all empty until these days.
I walk outside today and few shop have some now.
This is in HK, The situation in China seems quite different.

3 Likes

when your landlord is covering water the shower is also a bidet. choose your lease terms closely to benefit from the skyrocketing cost of utilities due to global warming.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.