I, for one…oh never mind

8 Likes

that human is lying out of frame with a head contusion

13 Likes
2 Likes

11 Likes

14 Likes

11 Likes

alright, I give up. google search by image returned “Black and White.” as in the color scheme…

Or the first one scooted through and yanked it closed and the second one hit the closed door and fell over

1 Like

Black Mirror, episode “Metalhead.” One of the SCARIER episodes. But not every BM is scary. Some are sweet. Some are hilarious. But some are downright fuckin’ spooky, like this one.

6 Likes

My first thought. There was a time when the Boston Dynamics videos only gave me a sense of Uncanny Valley unease mixed with wonder at the engineering, but not since that episode.

5 Likes

The raptors were smartasses indeed…

3 Likes

fuck. I think I just outed myself as a mutant who hasn’t yet watched Black Mirror… I imagine some sort of swift-gaited automaton will be 'round shortly to strip me of my badges…

7 Likes

That’s where my mind went too. They were relentless.

2 Likes

Or you could end up in the Black Museum…

3 Likes

That’s nice - so the robot with the arm can hold the door open for the robot with the bazooka.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Take away a rear leg, add another head/arm, and you’ve got a robotic Pierson’s Puppeteer!

9 Likes

I love how the humans commenting here think the two bodies must have two separate minds, rather than a single mind with two bodies.

UH… I MEAN I AM A HUMAN TOO… [BEEP BREEEDD’K’K’K’K’K] HOW NICE TO BE HUMAN WITH YOU TODAY.

17 Likes

Nah, those robots are much too adventurous to be Puppeteers.

1 Like

Heh, yeah. But we’re not used to this. The default setting on the human brain seems to be “anthropomorphize.”

Like @MaiqTheLiar, I kind of expected the 2nd robot to go back where it came from, as if it had been called to open the door. But then I had the thought, “oh it probably just wants to go see what the other one’s up to in there!”

2 Likes