Robots "Do You Love Me?" dance

Waiting for the video of the robot doing Michael Madsen’s dance to ‘Stuck in the Middle’ from Reservoir Dogs.

1 Like

Still not exactly a superweapon is it? And DARPA isn’t exactly going to fund the world’s most expensive guided missile when they have plenty of, well, normal missiles.

This is still millitary tech, don’t get me wrong. It’s designed to aid in killing people. The robots just aren’t designed to be weapons themselves, and certainly not super weapons, they’re support systems for the people with the weapons in order to make it easier for them to kill people, or allow them to kill people in places where they couldn’t before.

that is exactly what it’s for and what it is gonna do

That is wildly impractical. Look, I know we all love being afraid of the killer robots, but the military does fund tech that isn’t directly a weapon. You know what else DARPA funded? GPS. There are so many better ways of getting a bomb from point A to point B than horribly expensive robots. Dallas Police used a bomb disposal robot because we don’t give all of our military tech to the police. If the military wants to remotely use a machine to transport a bomb, they’ll use a drone like a normal person. Improvised bomb drones are already a thing, and expensive as it would be to have one that can carry a decent sized bomb, it’d still be way cheaper than building a robot that can keep its balance while walking on legs.

It’s perfectly possible to be against this technology and development purpose and still be realistic about its actual use. Also highly preferable because it means people can’t dismiss your arguments out of hand as being overblown.

ETA: I feel like the way you’ve been quoting my posts is a little disingenuous. You’ve quoted me as saying here that DARPA wouldn’t fund a guided missile. Obviously that’d be a stupid thing to say… which is why I said they wouldn’t fund a guided missile when they already have those. Previously you also decided that the search and rescue robot would be used like a bomb disposal robot to deliver bombs… ignoring that one of the other robots is already a bomb disposal robot, which I copped to. Basically feels like you’re selectively quoting parts of sentences to make my statement look more naïve than what I actually wrote.

If you break it down, it’s 150 beats per minute, so anything at that rate is going to sync up.

Put “Hey Ya” on as the soundtrack, it’s splendid.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.