Roe Overturned

I couldn’t find somewhere better to post this, but here’s something I just stumbled across…he does make a telling point about how now, of all times, the Dem’s communications betray just how utterly unorganised they are in the face of so many rights being stripped away.

3 Likes

Maybe they should outsource the Web site to The Lincoln Project too.

5 Likes

Not really sure where to put this tired meme

11 Likes
11 Likes

Seeing as the Roe v Wade thread has closed, as a follow-up to one of my comments there here’s a link to what Cory Doctorow (late of this parish) published today
https://pluralistic.net/2022/06/29/no-i-in-uter-us/#egged-on
It’s all about the privacy risks from apps etc on smartphones, and the headline gives you a clue

Abortion surveillance only incidentally involves period-trackers

(@orenwolf - is there a special reason Pluralistic links don’t one-box? I gather you may have some insight there, or am I mistaken?)

6 Likes

Because Cory’s linkblog does not support Facebook’s opengraph API, which would be needed for that.

5 Likes

OK - thanks - so there is a known technical reason.

Now I need to go and look up what the opengraph API is (in layperson’s terms).
I had no idea that Facebook was somehow involved in all this. Makes me feel a bit dirty.
;-(

4 Likes

Here we go. Fuckers. It’s going to get very difficult for mental health professionals to practice.

15 Likes

Freakonomics (2010) - It’s Not Always A Wonderful Life: Segment covering the theory on the relationship between abortion and crime. [00:11:27]

5 Likes

McConnell takes a victory lap.

12 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes

That’s more like it.

11 Likes

So this guy said this…

“If you think about 70 million people being aborted over the last 49 years, assuming half and half men and women… 70 million not in the workforce, assuming they have a child, two children, we’ve got somewhere between 100, 140 million people that have not worked, that are not with us because of the Roe v. Wade issue. And so, we’ve taken away the very workforce that was needed to supply both social security and Medicare.”

5 Likes

He’s an idiot.

16 Likes

that jack ass can fuck right the fuck off. Not only is he an idiot, as @KathyPartdeux says, he’s also a misogynistic piece of shit. You can safely ignore that scum and pretty much everyone spewing the same vile, inhuman bullshit. His extra shitty capitalist twist that we should also give more a fuck about PROFITS instead of PEOPLE just makes me want to fucking vomit.

Look. This is not hard. A god damn clump of fucking cells is NOT entitled to the same fucking rights that ME, a fully functioning human being is entitled to. Full stop. Until it comes out of their mother, it is a fetus, not a person. Pretty much every reputable OB/GYN who isn’t a scum sucking misogynistic piece of shit who thinks that women are brood mares instead of fucking human beings will agree with that. The health and welfare of the person carrying the fetus SHOULD come first. Putting the rights of a clump of fucking cells ahead of the already existing human being is fucking barbaric, and ironically, a very MODERN thing. For literally ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY women aborted unwanted pregnancies. That’s not going to stop now. Women will just die. And we know this because of times when abortion was banned.

Also…

from

People who can’t become pregnant maybe need to STFU about this shit.

20 Likes

I know we agree, but also, even as a person who can become pregnant, I feel no right to tell others what to do with their bodies.

Until every man in this country is forced to submit to every living donor test and register for those and forced to donate a kidney, bone marrow, whatever, if it could ‘save a life’ then there is no “fairness” here. It’s a war on women.

Which, tbc, I don’t advocate. But fair’s fair. If we are supposed to sacrifice our bodies to the unborn, dudes should be forced to do the same for the already living.

17 Likes

Same people who complain about immigrants taking “our jerbs.”

Bingo. To balance some of the forced-birth trigger laws, other states should outlaw men having cancer treatment. Heh, it’s a nonviable cluster of cells, and therefore sacred, right?

14 Likes

Ha! Imagine all the “jerbs” those millions of unborn people would’ve taken! :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

They can do whatever they want with their bodies… but they need to stop pontificating on what can and can’t happen in others’ bodies.

11 Likes