Roger Stone released on bond

how did this dude get bond and why is it so low if he is a millionaire flight-risk?

he’s threatened witnesses, that alone should deny bail

as a personal friend of trump, you just know he is going to disappear on a private flight out of the country

6 Likes

Well, it wasn’t a victory for Nixon either, he was resigning in disgrace to avoid impeachment.

Turds of a feather stink together.

6 Likes

Hmmm maybe he keeps it in a dead drop somewhere. But I doubt he is as smart as Jason Bourne. Its going to be fun if he makes a run for it.

2 Likes

I think all these guys are betting on the GOP protecting Trump, Trump avoiding impeachment, and Trump giving them pardons in the last minutes of his term.

3 Likes

He probably has the original.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https%3A%2F%2Farc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2FLVQX7XHIGAI6RKJZSRU7CFTPTU.jpg&w=908

3 Likes

yeah, Trump will be like Roger I worry for you and love you as a brother please let me take you out of the country to safety even though doing so will cause me to have negative press. I don’t care because we are solid like that.

1 Like

That’s not the “Nixon finger”:bird:__

1 Like

“What about his Russian passport”.

Is that a euphimism for Polonium laced tea, or “accidentally mislabelled” heart medications?

2 Likes

Akimbo. With elbows facing outwards.
From Middle English in kenebowe, in kene bowe (“in a keen bow”, i.e. “in a sharp bend or angle”), from in (“in”) + keen, kene (“brave, keen, sharp”) + bowe (“bow, bend”). Alternately, possibly from Old Norse keng (“bent”) + bogi (“a bow”), compare Icelandic kengboginn (“bow-bent”).

2 Likes

I will fully admit to being an idiot by saying this but I cannot understand at all why cash bail as a system exists.

If the point of law is to administer the law, making people pay for the right to possibly escape it only seems like a scam to me. It means that anyone with enough money can always get out of jail and then do what they please assuming they want to run away.

Why the hell do we allow this? And why the hell is someone who is indicted for such large crimes and has such vast wealth allowed to get away with only 250 k bond payment?

The whole thing reeks, except for the part where this orange turd of a feather gets thrown in jail.

2 Likes

7 Likes

It would be the aeronautical equivalent of this train:

2 Likes

Note: he didn’t even have to put up the money. He got out on a promise that he’d forfeit $250k if he failed to show up for court. How many poor people get that sort of bail arrangement? If they don’t have the cash and can’t get it, they don’t get out of jail.

5 Likes

A good faith argument that can be made for Stone getting out, is that someone might think he could do something extra stupid while he’s out. Like contacting somebody, making an attempt to hide something…

That’s probably movie logic, but it’s a hopeful take.

Another way to look at it is that they only wanted his phones for something.

3 Likes

Evidence points to this administration being staffed with narcissists who think they can cheat the law, which makes your analysis rather likely. Makes me wonder how many FISA warrants Mueller has managed to acquire lately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.