Roger Stone released on bond

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/25/roger-stone-released-on-bond.html

6 Likes

Hmm… something familiar about this… deja vu perhaps…

SX425

17 Likes

Stone wears a diamond pinkie ring in the shape of a horseshoe and in 2007 he had Richard Nixon’s face tattooed on his back.[3]

Source: Roger Stone - Wikipedia

10 Likes

Forgot all about this even though this came up recently. If Nixon is this guy’s role model then i think that alone says enough about the kind of person he is, obviously.

19 Likes

I have difficulty comprehending that Roger Stone is not a flight risk.

I don’t think $250,000 would be enough to deter that.

18 Likes

Roger Stone prison cell will be waiting for him, patiently.

@davide405 : They pinched his US passport, no foreign travel that one.

8 Likes

Apparently, his passport is expired.

7 Likes

What about his Russian passport?

27 Likes

Expired passport or not, part of me thinks that they’re trying to tempt this known disreputable character into fleeing the jurisdiction.

9 Likes

­

16 Likes

I find that both pleasing and reassuring.

I wonder if he could still catch a ride on Air Force One the next time it’s bound for a country that does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

I’m guessing he wouldn’t be the only passenger on that flight…

9 Likes

Its disturbing that he idolizes Nixon.

4 Likes

He so wants to be Nixon.

2 Likes

To me its not surprising in the least, i’ve written previously here in the BBS about the career path that Nixon took after his impeachment and his subsequent return to politics. He probably did more in his life after impeachment, a lot of it had to do with lobbying a lot of the policies and ideologies that current Republicans have been into for the past 10-20 years, including some shenanigans with wealthy foreign governments

6 Likes

Going for the record?

4 Likes

Too bad we don’t have a wall on the southern border to keep all the guilty people from escaping the country.

3 Likes

Honestly the more you poke it with a stick. The more the GOP is Nixon’s party, and the more clear it is that we’re living in Nixon’s America.

Hell a lot of the people from his administration, a lot of his advisors, and campaign people just stayed in government straight through till Obama.

9 Likes

He’s making a big ol’ victory salute, as if making bail is a victory? You’re still under indictment, bro. I wonder if there was a cheering crowd to welcome him. I can imagine that victory salute in the silence of a half-filled parking lot.

6 Likes

It really says a lot that Nixon was very warmly welcomed in politics after his resignation.

Googling some stuff and saw this… sounds very familiar. Hmmm:

8 Likes

Here tell there was. And that what they were cheering was “Lock him up!” :+1:

12 Likes