Mueller tells judge Roger Stone's Instagram post may violate gag order

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/04/mueller-tells-judge-roger-ston.html

8 Likes

Clearly a parable for our times:

Know when to stop fucking the rat.

32 Likes

It’s astonishing how skilled Trump has been at finding and elevating people who share his fundamental conviction that the rules of life should not apply to them.

No matter how grim the world looks to me these days, when I think of how life is going to eventually teach all these smug privileged arseholes that they are wrong, I feel better.

43 Likes

It was always a matter of “when”, not “if” he’d violate the gag order. The combination of decades of pathology and privilege made it inevitable.

38 Likes

That, and the Scorpion and the Frog.
"It is in my nature"

22 Likes

Given how Roger Rabbit ended for his doppelganger, Judge Doom, you’d think he’d know better than to use it as a parallel.

26 Likes

I’m going just drop this here…

tumblr_pnllp1HL0I1rhs4ze_540

20 Likes

I mean, we even have footage of Trump reading this parable out, for heavens’ sake.

4 Likes

Except it’s the whole family, made entirely of 'Fredo’s.

23 Likes

In the book that introduced the characters, Roger Rabbit was actually guilty.

20 Likes

sits back and continues to munch on popcorn

5 Likes

Sounds like the author was just trying to throw suspicion off himself.

6 Likes

At first, I thought…no way…there’s no book, and Roger Rabbit was innocent. But wikipedia has a different story. Either you’re right…or you had this planned all along. You framed Roger Rabbit.

15 Likes

Isn’t there also, like, a book coming out?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/04/us/politics/roger-stone-trump-gag-order.html

They find him, too. There’s a whole strata of society whose wealth and privilege has lead them to this belief, but only some are sufficiently assholes (and desperate enough) to want to work with Trump.

And not just the family… almost the entire administration. (At this point, possibly the entire administration.)

16 Likes

I’m sure he’ll claim he didn’t do it but that it was one of his volunteers.

10 Likes

I think Roger Stone’s strategy is to get the Roger Rabbit case entered into evidence, confusing the judge, in a new take on a Chewbacca defense.

11 Likes

And who are remarkably bad at getting themselves into far deeper trouble while trying to change the public discourse. Just like him!

9 Likes

Here’s a guy who always has Roger Stone’s back.

8 Likes

Me thinks Roger wants to go to jail.

Idiot.

10 Likes

Lock him up!
Lock him up!

8 Likes