Ron DeSantis appears to be wearing extreme heel lifts and is having trouble walking in them

Shooting varmints is also pretty much required, though Trump got around this by expressing a willingness to shoot people.

ETA: I hope that whenever Desantis remembers his (unsuccessful) run for president, his feet start to ache.

2 Likes

I Will Do This GIF

2 Likes

You would have to carry a dapper walking stick. Maybe one with a crows head on it or something.

My goth boots are red lined black Chelsea style boots with a hiking boot-like tread. Nothing fancy, but I don’t do chains and spikes, etc. YMMV.

1 Like

"At first I wanted to plunge America into an authoritarian hellscape, but then I listened to Cradle of Filth and it really changed my outlook.’

9 Likes

6 Likes

Ok so regardless of whatever the hell is driving him to wear false feet, and whatever one could read into it, the practical question is:

What percentage of dude’s active concentration is preoccupied with trying to look normal in those things?

3 Likes

All of it. Whether he wears those things or not.

2 Likes

Good thinking. He’d just have to remove the first two letters in the logo to make it a perfect fit.

2 Likes

I didn’t, until I started using dating apps, where about 10% of women would write in their profile that anyone short shouldn’t even message them. Great for your confidence, that.

(For the record, it is of course perfectly fine to have physical or other preferences. We all do. But spelling them out like that is not usually what you do. It only seems to be acceptable with height)

4 Likes

Lots of people who use those apps aren’t all that interested in the “dating” part. At least you can see where people’s priorities are.

5 Likes

You’d think they’d program the bots a little better than that, but…

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m sure I wouldn’t have gotten along with them anyway, so it’s a useful filter. It’s just, reading the same thing over and over again you get the impression that no women want short men. I know that’s not true of course, but the repetition makes it seem like it.

3 Likes
1 Like

My late FIL was not short by any stretch at 6’1 but shorter than his ancestors. He used to say that he was, ahem, “strained through the sheets”.

1 Like

4a98d4dd96142458cd44c44b59ff42d2--mexicans-boots

9 Likes
3 Likes

that’s what i’m talkin bout!

also did y’all catch that car at the end? did ya get a look at it?!

Banda Boots. you saw them here first - what, like 10-12 years ago?

3 Likes

“Marty, I want to look tall and handsome in this movie. Make me look like I haven’t aged a day!”

1 Like

7 Likes

Re: Boots

That reminds me of KMFDM’s cover of These Boots are Made for Walking.

4 Likes