Ron DeSantis appears to be wearing extreme heel lifts and is having trouble walking in them

Foot-me-downs, surely.

3 Likes

DeSatan, the Cloven Beast.

3 Likes

While this is true, what DeSanctimonious is doing is trying to hide it as if it’s something to be ashamed of. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

What? He can’t pull himself up by his bootstraps?

Phone Reaction GIF

10 Likes

Yep. And Don is so ashamed that he can no longer look people in the eyes.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I still think the main problem is that he’s an asshole and a bigot who believes in toxic masculinity, which…yeah…is what convinced him to wear high heels.

7 Likes

You Got It Wink GIF by CBS

6 Likes

And cultural memory has a way of muddying up the real heights of historical figures anyway. Napoleon was actually slightly above average height compared to his contemporaries, whereas the historical John Henry was just 5’-1”.

If you want the world to remember you as a larger-than-life hero then try not to behave in such a way that everyone thinks of you as a petty little asshole.

7 Likes

Hark a vagrant: Napoleon height

11 Likes

Don’t forget having a head of hair, being straight (as far as the general public could tell) and professing a belief in Sky-Jebus. Can’t be prez without those.

On height, school pal and work colleague (now a manager) told me of a company manager’s meeting where – during a casual lull in the proceedings – talk turned to the kind of people they’d advance to management. One name popped up resulting in this comment: “He’d be good; nice and tall.”

5 Likes

Like how Trump’s main decision on who to hire for various cabinet positions was based on their appearance. He’s often quoted as saying he wanted people who looked straight from Central Casting. Mark Milley? By gosh he looks like a general! Let’s promote him as JCoS Chairman!

7 Likes

I propose “Compensation syndrome” as a generic substitute for what seems to me to be an actual strategy that the expression “little man syndrome” refers to. As I see it, some individuals, large or small, sometime exhibit LMS. Or, to express this behavior as a phrase…

“If ya got it flaunt it, if ya don’t got it, fake it.”

3 Likes

Pudding Fingers, the Short Arsed Clown?

The clothes man maketh the man clothes.

Certainly some sort of rectal discomfort.

I don’t know if “big and tough” are qualifications for being a torture camp guard; and definitely not for a filing clerk in a torture camp.

I love those kind of boots, but unfortunately, I am prone to vertigo (or should that be prone after vertigo).

2 Likes

Reminds me of those viral set photos from The Irishman.

For context, Robert DeNiro was playing the 6’-4" Frank Sheeran alongside Al Pacino who was playing the 5’-5" Jimmy Hoffa so at least those Herman Munster shoes weren’t just about one man’s ego.

6 Likes

3 Likes

I’m legit 5’10". My daughter, from her mother’s father’s side, is descended from a clan of 6’2"+ folk. She’s a freshman in High School and is already 6’0".

I’m starting to understand short man syndrome when people find out we’re father and daughter and blatantly size us both up.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Same here, and it was compounded by my family being all freakishly tall, except for me and my sister. The next shortest male in my family is 6’4". I look like his child, despite being nearly 40 years his senior.

I don’t recall ever really caring much that I was short.

1 Like

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Fred Armisen Laughing GIF by IFC

NO!

12 Likes

Maybe if they just put DeNiro, Pacino, Palminteri, and perhaps Pesci all in the same overcoat, standing on each other’s shoulders. /s

6 Likes