Ron DeSantis backed by Nazi sonnenrad emblem in video allegedly promoted by staff

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis backed by Nazi sonnenrad emblem in video allegedly promoted by staff | Boing Boing

3 Likes

That was… 'If you’re a tired Trumpist bigot/incel dreaming of your day, then Ron DeSantis is your man."

11 Likes

OH I saw the video. This was no mistake. Nazis work for DeSantis.

I wonder if it is the same company that does/did police videos who used the sonnenrad as a logo in the credits.

16 Likes

Neither the campaign nor its surrogates have it on their feeds, though, and the account most critics linked to is a nobody with a few hundred followers on 𝕏, an obscure right-wing social media platform

is this the formerly known as twitter? or is there another thing? regardless… chef’s kiss

5 Likes

No “allegedly” about it. According to the article one of his campaign staffers re-tweeted the video. Which is to be completely expected from someone volunteering to work for a fascist candidate.

16 Likes

Waiting for DeSantis to start talking about his jobs plan as “work sets you free.”

10 Likes

On another note…how DARE they use Running Up That Hill for that tired-ass incel shitlord fascist fapping fantasy? Just no.

4 Likes

𝕏, an obscure right-wing social media platform.

didthere

6 Likes
4 Likes

alt-right’s defacto online aesthetic

Oooh a mysterious @OBJ sighting!

4 Likes

Is your preferred right wing fascist candidate possibly headed to prison soon? Give this other flavor a try!

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

So someone made an attack video of DeSantis, explicitly pointing out he’s a fascist, and one or more people in DeSantis’s campaign saw the video and thought, “Cool, this person gets it!”?

4 Likes

What’s that about Poe’s law again?

6 Likes

It’s a e s t h e t i c.

2 Likes

DeSantis team fires aide who secretly made video with Nazi symbol

2 Likes

Knowing the DeSantis campaign I’m guessing they were more bothered by the unlicensed music than the Nazi iconography.

5 Likes

More than any of that, they regretted that the staffer got caught. That’s the cardinal sin of modern American conservatism.

5 Likes

“It would be easy to understand this development as simply more campaign dysfunction, perhaps poor vetting, or even a symptom of the campaign being “too online.” It is better understood as the result of a fundamental strategic decision by DeSantis to actively court the far right.”

7 Likes
4 Likes