Ron DeSantis scolds a kid for eating an icy treat on a hot day: "That's a lot of sugar, huh?" (video)

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis scolds a kid for eating an icy treat on a hot day: "That's a lot of sugar, huh?" (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

If it’s a popsicle I know an appropriate place for the stick to go when the kid is done with it.

24 Likes

I thought Libruls were supposed to be the nanny-state matrons forcing everyone to eat kale and taking away their freedom foods? This would be a significant event in civil war 2.0 if Michelle Obama had done this (which she has way too much class to have done…)

31 Likes

Why does Ron DeSantis want to put America’s hardworking sugar growers out of business?

20 Likes

How can I vote for someone who doesn’t like ice cream?

26 Likes

American sugar growers receive an average of $700,000 per year in subsidies, per grower, through a policy of artificial price supports that makes sugar about twice as expensive in the US compared to the rest of the world. Florida has been the leading sugar-growing state in the US for more than a decade.

Maybe the question was being asked in admiration.

22 Likes

. . . says Ol’ Puddin’ Fingers

14 Likes

Wouldn’t be the first or the biggest in that spot.

5 Likes

icee…is…woke.

6 Likes

Low energy Ron could maybe use some sugar?

7 Likes

I know what he can do with a sugarcane stalk.

9 Likes

i am more of the old school notion of “taking him out to the canefield” (if ya get my meanin’).

9 Likes

Body-shaming women and girls is very much on brand for conservatives though.

21 Likes

“Where’s Ron?”

9 Likes

Otter Pops certainly are. I mean, look at this cast of characters.

10 Likes

This is the thought process: “Must look natural. Uh oh, a small human. I must interact with the small human in a natural way. Perhaps discussing the small human’s dietary choices will suffice.”

(Followed by: “Well, I think that went well. Nobody noticed.”)

13 Likes

Didn’t conservatives years ago throw a fit about Michelle Obama trying to get kids to eat healthier and some of them gave kids cookies at events to poke fun at her?

16 Likes

I’d be just as happy for Anthony to send him to the cornfield.

7 Likes

This is exactly what I think he did here. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

you don’t have icee in MN? the little polrar bear in the blue and red stripe sweater? like a little (non-alcoholic) strawberry margarita for kids. and yeah! a LOT of sugar or HFCS. used to be a staple at convenience stores like 7-11 and ShortStop type gas stations.
nonetheless, desantis taking his tone with this young person only points to the absolute disconnect of fascist MoRon from everyday “normal” folk.
he is an asshole and that is all I have to say about that

12 Likes