Ron DeSantis scolds a kid for eating an icy treat on a hot day: "That's a lot of sugar, huh?" (video)

Also, in extreme heat, water alone is not sufficient: you want water with sugar and some salt, for rehydration therapy.

14 Likes

This was at a county fair? Yeah, she definitely should have partaken in all of the healthy fair options. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Tonight, he’ll wake up screaming about trans fats.

10 Likes

Oh we probably do, but I’ve never had it. I don’t go to gas stations or convenience stores :woman_shrugging:t2:

I totally agree with you (and others here). I’m going to edit my comment, lest anyone think I support him in any way.

ETA: On second thought, I’ve deleted my previous comment. It was tangential to the discussion here.

5 Likes

… that’s a little off message for the “hands off my Big Gulp” party :confused:

10 Likes

I really hope his next challenger uses this clip to appeal to Big Sugar for fundraising.

4 Likes

Rick “Skeletor” Scott certainly catered to Big Sugar. gave them all they could want and then some.
Lake O. will never be the same. :angry:

5 Likes

He probably wanted to get his fingers in there. In the Icee, you pervs.

3 Likes

We’re not pervs. That supposed joke doesn’t work any which way (why would he want to get his fingers into something he’d just insulted?, etc.) so it was just an excuse for you to make a yuck-yuck-know-what-I-mean throwaway line.

Please go clean your room and help with the dishes, there’s a dear.

8 Likes

I recently tried an icee for the first time a couple weeks ago. 30 something centigrade at the zoo in Portland and my 5 year old wanted one.

I am not ashamed to say it was delicious. Although the smallest size was plenty.

Better than the 7-11 slurpees that are more common here in Canada.

Oh on the topic DeSantis is a terrible human being.

7 Likes

And chewed up to where it’s gone all splintered.

3 Likes

A barely smarter politician would have said, “That looks good! I could sure go for one of those right now!” What a half-wit.

7 Likes

A Tennessee based company employing over 1000 people according to wikipedia…

1 Like

Proposition: tinpot dictators are actually shitty with kids, even if they claim to like them.

7 Likes

So the pot for sugar growing is artifically sweetened?

I’ll see myself out.

5 Likes

Agreed . He probably just barely stopped himself from commenting on her body. Even he realized how bad that would look.

9 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

9 Likes

Well, I was going for the whole “DeSantis eats pudding with his fingers so he probably eats Icees that way, too” thing, but that clearly failed. Alas, have we forgotten about the pudding already? I guess we have.

4 Likes

Why wait? I know a good place for the popsicle to go.

3 Likes

2g of sugar per fl oz of slightly salty water.
That is a lot of sugar.
More than Gatorade.

1 Like