Round or Flat? MAGAs don't know what shape the planet is

That’s down to tailwinds. No, seriously - the only acknowledgement I’ve seen from flat Earthers that the distances (and thus travel times) between continents in their model would be significantly more, involved waving it away with tailwinds that make the planes and ships much faster. Which somehow work for both East-West travel and West-East travel. And make vehicles go ten times faster (or whatever the distance difference actually is). I guess that’s why planes and ships use the longest possible route, rather than just going straight North to go from Australia to South America or South Africa, which would be the shortest (even though it would almost be equivalent to a round-the-world trip on a globe…).

7 Likes

I love flat earthers. They just tickle me…
Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

4 Likes

Dude #1 has been in so many of these clips I’m sure he must know who the Good Liars guys are by now, and he’s just doing it for the lulz. Or he’s a corollary to Hanlon’s razor.

4 Likes

{ pushes prince nez glasses DOWN nose }
soo , off from a sphere by point three three percent ? ? ?
not , perhaps , a perfect sphere , but rather close !

3 Likes

FVHNFQhWUAA_AVp
There you have definitive proof, ladies and gents.

11 Likes

So. Much. Wrong. You can tell them their personal problems are global, but nope. They won’t accept that. Just because “global” must be a fake word.

4 Likes

Flat-MAGAs could only be converted if Trump, upon being questioned, said the Earth was round. It would be interesting if Trump was asked to share his thoughts about people who believed otherwise, and he said, “They’re idiots. They’re morons.” Flat-MAGA’s response to that would be even more interesting.

4 Likes
3 Likes

They absolutely would flip in a heartbeat if Trump told them to. Republicans don’t even have convictions or values of their own any longer, no matter how twisted. They believe whatever Trump tells them to believe. Though I suppose it would be a toss-up between the ones who said “he’s right, it’s round” and “he’s right, we’re morons”, both would be uttered with the same worshipful obedience.

9 Likes

Sometimes you just want a sausage-in-bun, though.

6 Likes

Pratchett’s writing is just so good that you can fall into it. I’m audiobooking his entire Discworld set right now, although I will likely stop where I stopped reading - just before the final book.

9 Likes

That phrase, “…charivari of strange greases and worrying textures…” is both poetic and disgusting. :chef-kiss:

5 Likes

And they don’t worry if the merch makes no sense, or makes mistakes that normal people might find embarrassing.

4 Likes

Edit: Yeah, that was a lousy joke. I’m not removing it, for the sake of record, but… yeah. Sorry about that.

A trans cow?

2 Likes

Britney Spears What GIF

3 Likes

Yeah, that might have been a bad joke. Sorry!

1 Like

sarcastic seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

4 Likes

No one believes in only a single conspiracy theory. Setting aside your critical thinking and championing ignorance opens the flood gates for all sorts of nonsense.

4 Likes

His penultimate book is the real last one, and made me cry.

2 Likes

Raising Steam? It was good but don’t get the sad part but every book hits people different. Snuff, the one before, I found multiple sad parts though.

2 Likes