Rudy Giuliani sued by former employee, who says he forced her into oral sex while he talked to Donald Trump

This was probably an open secret around him, so Sacha Baron Cohen had put together that prank, but didn’t actually expect to score a bullseye.

These guys never do this sort of thing just once. I hope there’s more that come forward.

He’s probably got this down to a science, how to create a filter so that only those he can manipulate and gaslight come under his employment.

13 Likes

He allegedly told Dunphy he "enjoyed engaging in this conduct while on the telephone because it made him “feel like Bill Clinton.”

OMG!!!

5 Likes

You definitely are victim blaming though. And suggesting that the problem isn’t raping people but paying people you raped… Which is almost worse than victim blaming. Food for thought if youre willing to be self-critical.

9 Likes

Then don’t. Also triple check any sentence that begins with “I’m not (bad thing), but” or “Not to (do this other bad thing), but”. Such sentences almost never reflect well on the speaker.

I doubt that was clear at first. He, like many sexual predators and all domestic abusers, gradually moved her into the abuse after breaking down her boundaries.

Let’s not. You are also minimizing this woman’s trauma. Based on the article, she may have fully consented to some sexual contact at first. But then the ghoul started sexually assaulting her. Being forced to give oral sex is not the phrase used for a consensual sex act. Consenting sometimes or before doesn’t make the sexual assaults less of an assault. You may not realize it, but the way you’ve phrased this is way too close to slut shaming and “well, she was a loose woman, she deserved it”

14 Likes

Thinking about this, I think you’re right with regard to the victim blaming. Which was not what I intended, but which was what my comment ultimately amounted to. As to the rest, I’m not sure I agree with your reading of what I wrote, but it was definitely neither well-expressed nor particularly necessary. Cynicism isn’t a great way of expressing outrage. So, post deleted. Thank you for the timely and measured objection.

7 Likes

No problem thanks for cosidering…I think in the current meta it’s hard not to create splash damage with all the pent up frustration… At least I’ve found it so myself.

11 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I’m guessing there was a very real fear of retaliation too.

5 Likes

There is something poetic about the fact that it’s the women that will bring these guys down. All the terrible/illegal shit they’ve done, they probably would’ve gotten away with all of it if they’d managed to keep it in their pants and be respectful to women.

3 Likes

But they’d never do that, because of their world view. They are authoritarians that believe in men dominating women, by force if necessary. They believe the same about society too, that they are the natural elites and should rule over the rest of us, by force if necessary.

The way to deal with them always, is to make sure all their attempts to rule over us are thwarted - via the legal system, ideally… but with force if we must.

9 Likes

Quite possibly, although extreme reckless behaviors tend to eventually reveal themselves in spite of whatever care is taken to hide them. And as far as Giuliani, I don’t think he has the layers of protective buffers that a mastermind would have set up.

2 Likes

I hope she’s in a safe secure place with bodyguards. (I’m thinking of Rep. Connolly’s staff who were attacked the other day.)

4 Likes

I am appalled at my lack of surprise.
I wish this woman the very best of luck, and I hope she manages to put a stop to at least this one asshole.

5 Likes

I think that’s the point, if I understood it correctly. For example, one reason internet scams are filled with errors, including grammatical errors, is because they want to weed out anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together. It’s only the ones who stay interested despite all the red flags that they want.

In “The Sociopath Next Door”, the author points out that a sociopath will give you a sob story to see how you react. Most people will express sympathy, but that’s it. Some people will jump right in and offer to help in specific ways. THOSE are the ones worth targeting.

So yeah, I can imagine most people would walk away feeling covered with slime after interviewing with Giuliani. But the ones who have been conditioned in their lives to revere powerful leaders without question? That’s who he wants.

Also, it’s quite possible employment interviews were with HR, direct supervisors, etc., and never actually with Giuliani, so you wouldn’t know how bad it was until after you’d accepted the job (and turned down any other offers).

9 Likes

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

TIL, one of those things that makes total sense once you hear it. :+1:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.