Runner who slapped journalist on butt is Tommy Callaway, a youth minister and boy scout leader in Statesboro, Georgia

Bullshit. He’s looking at her butt, and sucking in his lips as he moves in. I’ll agree that he made a “mistake in judgement,” but he knows – and knew – exactly where he hit her.

15 Likes

Jake wasn’t a youth minister or boy scout leader but was still on a mission from God! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Well, it has the same number of syllables, so of course he does.

It’s almost like these family values hypocrites are full of crap when they talk about personal responsibility. /s

Criminal charges now. The prosecutors have the crime on tape. Slam-dunk. If he was black he’d already be in custody.

7 Likes

Who ever could he have gotten that idea from? :thinking: /s

6 Likes

We’re back to someone who isn’t equally covered under the law, due to being victimized while black.

9 Likes

You’re making assumptions about his faith and I’m disappointed. Nothing here indicates that he actually believes in the teachings of Christ. /s

4 Likes

How about he sets a good example to the youth he ministers to and #1 - apologizes to the reporter. #2 - goes to the police and turn himself in for whatever criminal charges he’s facing.

I mean, think for a second… what would Jesus do? Likely not slap her ass in the first place is my guess.

3 Likes

Sadly that’s true of far too many people who claim to be Xtian, including the current POTUS.

10 Likes

I read that as he misjudged her character as someone that would let him get away with this BS. I’m sure there are more than a few people from his past that laughed it off, that are rethinking that previous choice right now. If they are out there, I hope they speak up to give better context to this most recent assault.

8 Likes

I just finished reading The Power by Naomi Alderman yesterday, and it’s immensely satisfying to imagine how this encounter would have turned out in that universe.

Why do I think this guy has his wife and children constantly scared shitless?

2 Likes

Or “asshole”, to conserve ink.

I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I’m sure there are many MAGA communities out there that would welcome him as a neighbor and kindred spirit.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with that opinion as a woman in the US, however, IANAL, so not sure where the line is drawn in a case like this between sexual assault and sexual battery. Regardless, this man has earned himself time in the penn, a place on the sex offenders registry, and all the scorn random people on the interwebz can heap upon him.

7 Likes
18 Likes

Good. In the words of Finn…

Finn-Goes-Into-An-Angry-Butt-Flicking-Rage-On-Adventure-Time

10 Likes

Thomas Callaway is a Boy Scout leader, you say? I’ve been given to understand Scouts have an oath and a set of laws they’re expected to follow, uphold, and promote:

Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight. FAIL

Scout Law
The Scout Law has 12 points. Each is a goal for every Scout. A Scout tries to live up to the Law every day. It is not always easy to do, but a Scout always tries. FAIL

A Scout Is:

1. TRUSTWORTHY: Tell the truth and keep promises. People can depend on you. FAIL
  2. LOYAL: Show that you care about your family, friends, Scout leaders, school, and country. FAIL
  3. HELPFUL: Volunteer to help others without expecting a reward. FAIL
  4. FRIENDLY: Be a friend to everyone, even people who are very different from you. FAIL
  5. COURTEOUS: Be polite to everyone and always use good manners. FAIL
  6. KIND: Treat others as you want to be treated . Never harm or kill any living thing without good reason. FAIL
  7. OBEDIENT: Follow the rules of your family, school, and pack. Obey the laws of your community and country. FAIL
  8. CHEERFUL: Look for the bright side of life. Cheerfully do tasks that come your way. Try to help others be happy. FAIL
  9. THRIFTY: Work to pay your own way. Try not to be wasteful. Use time, food, supplies, and natural resources wisely. FAIL
  10. BRAVE: Face difficult situations even when you feel afraid. Do what you think is right despite what others might be doing or saying. FAIL
  11. CLEAN: Keep your body and mind fit . Help keep your home and community clean. FAIL
  12. REVERENT: Be reverent toward God. Be faithful in your religious duties. Respect the beliefs of others. FAIL
8 Likes

I only say that because apparently “sexual battery” is exactly the charge the police are investigating based on the police report she filed.

3 Likes

Nah nah nah. For white, conservative Evangelicals, “Christian” simply means “white supremacist patriarchal culture.” So he’s absolutely living his faith.
(/not sarcasm)

8 Likes

He thought the camera was in her ass?

He touched her exactly where he was trying to touch her.

If he came out and said he tried to slap her ass, there would be an outside chance I’d forgive him.

7 Likes