Running Scared: Trump wants another phony press conference

Misread phony as pony.

Now I have the image of a press conference where the only attendants are small equines.

17 Likes

If he strays too far from Mar-a-Lego, does his ankle-tag trip an alarm?

13 Likes

Because he might say something significant. It doesn’t mean you need a live camera crew, though if he takes a policy position (as much as he avoids it) or says something crazy, you ideally would want to have it on video. Holding him to account requires knowing what he said (and being able to prove it).

10 Likes

You’re right in an ideal way, but when was Trump ever held to account for anything?

9 Likes

18 Likes

Sure, but one of the ways you hold him to account is to say, for example, “You claim position X now, but last week you said Y…” and that happens because the press are paying attention to what he’s saying. The important bit is that they’re actually dissecting it, not just being stenographers, and certainly not just airing what he says, live and without comment.

9 Likes

Yes, but that doesn’t seem to happen.

1 Like

Actually, doing this is not all that bad. It’s when they insist on trying to “interpret” his babble into something coherent that I get furious. He is not playing 4-D chess, he is not even playing checkers, he just flings shit and calls it art. And is finally getting called on it, which is making him even more unhinged. I love seeing some even mild pushback on his stupidity.

13 Likes

but one giant ass

7 Likes

I’ll admit to a certain morbid curiosity as to how his cult members would react were he to literally do so. I’m picturing him just walking out with a bucket of pig feces, no doubt provided by some local farmer, and start flinging it into the crowd. Sadly, I suspect they’d just fall into a religious ecstasy and wallow.

7 Likes

I’ve read some good coverage of the “economics” press conference, that didn’t get the live treatment, where they talked about how long and rambling it was, how much was off-topic, quoted him on specific points (where he was, of course, rambling, incoherent and ridiculous) and did some analysis of his specific promises/claims (pointing out how disconnected from reality they were). So yeah, it does - and can - happen.

Yeah, that’s the worst way to cover him. What I liked about the coverage of his most recent speech that I read was that they either mentioned generally what he was talking about (that he was frequently off topic, i.e. attacking Harris, during an “economics” event, without going into the actual attacks), but also, when relevant, quoted him, accurately - so lots of nonsense, which looks even more absurd when printed.

8 Likes

Or drop dead.

8 Likes

ca16102c-71b1-44ad-a461-8daa2d3733e6_text

10 Likes
12 Likes

That tower makes it look like a luxury prison. Which I’m hoping it is already or will be someday.

6 Likes

No, it’s supermax for tfg and his close cronies. Maybe put some of the minor fascists in there just because it will eat at tfg to think of them enjoying it.

No, better, turn it into a refugee shelter.

7 Likes

Make sense.

‘With all this manure,’ the little boy replied, beaming, ‘there must be a pony in here somewhere!’”

9 Likes

It’s also something he’s trying to his AI excuse on, as a trial balloon. Trying to convince people that no one actually supports Democrats, or votes democratic is part of his big lie, humoring his craziness is dangerous.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.