Rush Limbaugh says hurricanes are fake news, then runs for his life when Irma comes his way

I happened to hear his spiel on this point the other day – and he does this particularly weird thing where, in an effort to make a controversy of something, he will just try to redefine some word and that decide that his new definition, which no one (mainstream Republicans (“RINOs”), liberals, feminists, scientists, whatever) uses, and then explain why his opponent d’jour is wrong.

In this instance, he decided that Irma was NOT a Category 5 because, apparently, the highest windspeeds were only right there by the eye-wall. “So the rest of it isn’t really a Category 5 and anyone therefore who calls it a Cat 5 is wrong, because only part of it is.” And I mean, if the conspiracy afoot is that the rest of the world is not using Limbaugh’s definition of a Cat 5 then, to a certain point, he’s right. It is a vast conspiracy between everyone else in the world who knows what the f they are talking about v. him.

12 Likes

It will be an official visit, and Mar-a-Lago will be the “infrastructure repair job” that takes priority over everything else.

12 Likes

He’s done shady things with disaster funds before, we can only guess how he’ll sleaze this one to his advantage.

5 Likes

He knows that anyone who is still listening to him will believe anything at this point.

4 Likes

Well he has a point that 1) weather predictions are often wrong (either being much worse or much milder than predicted) and that 2) hurricanes can be tricky to predict where they land, where they go, and how severe, and 3) news orgs do use weather events for hype on their channels (I think the last deadly winter storm we had, over a foot predicted, fizzled out at only 2 in).

BUT, I don’t think it would be his job to down play the severity or second guess these people, especially when it as a cat 5 at one point. This isn’t a cat 2 or something being called a doom bringer. Over hyped or not, the danger is real.

Though I am betting few people here care if Rush Limbaugh listeners are taken out by acts of God.

2 Likes

Such a blowhard.

1 Like

It would be a shame if his home and/or studio was destroyed during the storm or in other manners in the confusion.

1 Like

Rush Limbaugh gets rushed from one compound to another, surrounded by minders, and the public never gets to see him. All they get is these rambling hate-filled broadcasts. He is likely on drugs…

Does this remind you of the ‘Patterns of Force’ Star Trek episode? A federation historian recreates the Nazi party on a planet to enable it to recover from chaos and financial disaster, but is then controlled and kept drugged by the force he created.

Sadly, I suspect Rush Limbaugh is Rush Limbaugh to the core. But maybe we can work this the other way around. If no-one sees him, maybe we can get someone to dub his random lip movements, and replace his text with something less toxic.

Not really. But one can dream…

2 Likes

Oh, the hugemanity.

These aren’t hurricanes, these are the Angles of the Rapture. All true believes should rush, forthwith, to reach the eye of the storms and be taken up to Heaven. I’m no theologianist, but i feel in my gut that this is the TRUTH!!! IT’S RIGHT THERE IN THE BIBLE, PEOPLE!!! The Book of Gullibility Ch1, Vs1.

2 Likes

ftfy? :wink:  

2 Likes

Yeah, he also screwed a lot of North Carolinians on hurricane recovery just a few months ago. I don’t understand why this isn’t coming up right now.

4 Likes

Convince certain Floridians that the hurricane is right at Mar-a-Lago and that only they can stop it is by shooting at it.

1 Like

This will age well

4 Likes

Obviously they’re Right Angles.

5 Likes

“Nice studio you’ve got there “Rush.””

1 Like

I’m sure that some of us here in Britain remember the last time that someone told us there wasn’t going to be a hurricane.

I still trust Michael Fish far more than I trust Ann Coulter.

8 Likes

alt-Right Angles :smiley:

Try as I might I can never get my Angles and my Angels right.

3 Likes

Just remember that you need an angle to get into heaven.

2 Likes

That’s one of those things that seems too ‘good’ to be true. But no, she really posted it this sunday morning right before 7am eastern:

2 Likes