Russia bans "the international LGBT public movement"

Originally published at: Russia bans "the international LGBT public movement"

4 Likes

The declaration is causing panic in Russia’s LBGTQA+ community as people prepare to flee ahead of the coming pogrom

As opposed to Russia’s stance on LGBQT folks since forever?

7 Likes

And there you have it. The eliminationist intent. What the gaslighting Tankie bastards told me I was imagining.

If our existence becomes de facto illegal, then there is absolutely no incentive for us to obey any law. Republicans and Tories should pay attention before it is too late.

May the fire that burns inside us burn those who intend to harm us.

There was about a decade when there were no queerphobic laws in Russia, but then Stalin noticed.

17 Likes

Expect laws like this to start showing up in the US and UK soon. Western conservatives will do whatever Papa Putin tells them to do.

5 Likes

If there’s any organised and co-ordinated international movement regarding LGBTQ+ rights, it exists amongst authoritarian and theocratic regimes intent on eliminating them. The Putin kleptocracy is a leader in that regard.

9 Likes

There’s enough homophobic bile among UK “conservatives” without them having to pay any attention to Putin. I’d like to think there’s not much they can do, as the current government’s days are numbered and they seem to be pathetically ineffective to boot, but the lights are going out all over Europe…

4 Likes

And here in the USA the GOP had a collective shuddering spontaneous orgasm reading those statements. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I am more than sick and tired of these bigoted, insecure AF, wilfully ignorant, stupid macho men who are terrified of Teh Gay. May they all quickly reach Enlightenment.

All protection to everyone LGBT+ in russia who can’t get out of putin’s poisonous playpen.

9 Likes

Not a shock. This crap has been going on for years in Russia.

2 Likes

Soon? What the fuck do you mean soon?
https://www.law.georgetown.edu/gender-journal/online/volume-xxiii-online/the-dangerous-consequences-of-floridas-dont-say-gay-bill-on-lgbtq-youth-in-florida/

9 Likes

“…MPs are slathering at the mouth to take this further…”

“slathering at the mouth”? Care to back up and try that again?

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianConflict/comments/189exxo/putins_thousand_year_reich_russia_increasingly/

A recent spiegel article is highlighted, According to the translation, Putin spoke of “a thousand-year, eternal Russia” to the “World Council of the Russian People”, an subsidiary of the Russian Orthodox Church.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.